Langage Objet pour la RElativité NumériquE. LORENE is a set of C++ classes to solve various problems arising in numerical relativity, and more generally in computational astrophysics. It provides tools to solve partial differential equations by means of multi-domain spectral methods. Scientific results obtained by means of LORENE are reported here. LORENE classes implement basic structures such as arrays and matrices, but also abstract mathematical objects, such as tensors, and astrophysical objects, such as stars and black holes. Note that, as a research software, LORENE is under perpetual development. LORENE is a free software under the GNU General Public License. It is developed in the Meudon section of Paris Observatory, at LUTH laboratory, mostly by Eric Gourgoulhon, Philippe Grandclément, Jean-Alain Marck, Jérôme Novak and Keisuke Taniguchi. For more details about LORENE history and a complete list of contributors, click here.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Dietrich, Tim; Hinderer, Tanja; Samajdar, Anuradha: Interpreting binary neutron star mergers: describing the binary neutron star dynamics, modelling gravitational waveforms, and analyzing detections (2021)
- Grould, M.; Meliani, Z.; Vincent, F. H.; Grandclément, P.; Gourgoulhon, E.: Comparing timelike geodesics around a Kerr black hole and a boson star (2017)
- Miller, Jonah M.; Schnetter, Erik: An operator-based local discontinuous Galerkin method compatible with the BSSN formulation of the Einstein equations (2017)
- Henriksson, Katherine; Foucart, François; Kidder, Lawrence E.; Teukolsky, Saul A.: Initial data for high-compactness black hole-neutron star binaries (2016)
- Löffler, Frank; Faber, Joshua; Bentivegna, Eloisa; Bode, Tanja; Diener, Peter; Haas, Roland; Hinder, Ian; Mundim, Bruno C.; Ott, Christian D.; Schnetter, Erik; Allen, Gabrielle; Campanelli, Manuela; Laguna, Pablo: The Einstein toolkit: a community computational infrastructure for relativistic astrophysics (2012)
- Vincent, F. H.; Paumard, T.; Gourgoulhon, E.; Perrin, G.: GYOTO: a new general relativistic ray-tracing code (2011)
- Grandclément, Philippe: KADATH: a spectral solver for theoretical physics (2010)
- Grandclément, Philippe; Novak, Jérôme: Spectral methods for numerical relativity (2009)
- Papasotiriou, P. J.; Geroyannis, V. S.; Sanidas, S. A.: Numerical methods for solving the relativistic Oppenheimer-Volkoff equations (2007)