BEHAVE: Fire behavior prediction and fuel modeling system – fuel subsystem. The BehavePlus fire modeling system is a Windows® based computer program that can be used for any fire management application that involves modeling fire behavior and fire effects. The system is composed of a collection of mathematical models that describe fire behavior, fire effects, and the fire environment. The program simulates rate of fire spread, spotting distance, scorch height, tree mortality, fuel moisture, wind adjustment factor, and many other fire behaviors and effects; so it is commonly used to predict fire behavior in several situations. More information can be found in the following paper: Andrews, Patricia L. 2013. Current status and future needs of the BehavePlus Fire Modeling System. International Journal of Wildland Fire 23(1):21-33. Successful application of BehavePlus depends upon knowledgeable user decisions. To effectively use BehavePlus in fire modeling, users must have enough fire and fuel experience and fire behavior training to recognize whether their input values are reasonable and make appropriate adjustments.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Alessandri, Angelo; Bagnerini, Patrizia; Gaggero, Mauro; Mantelli, Luca: Parameter estimation of fire propagation models using level set methods (2021)
- Di Gregorio, Salvatore; Filippone, Giuseppe; Spataro, William; Trunfio, Giuseppe A.: Accelerating wildfire susceptibility mapping through GPGPU (2013) ioport
- Taylor, S. W.; Woolford, Douglas G.; Dean, C. B.; Martell, David L.: Wildfire prediction to inform fire management: statistical science challenges (2013)
- Stepanov, Alexander; Smith, James MacGregor: Modeling wildfire propagation with Delaunay triangulation and shortest path algorithms (2012)
- Pappis, Costas P.; Rachaniotis, Nikolaos Panagiotis: Scheduling a single fire fighting resource with deteriorating fire suppression times and set-up times (2010)
- Serón, Francisco J.; Gutiérrez, Diego; Magallón, Juan; Ferragut, Luis; Asensio, M. Isabel: The evolution of a WILDLAND forest FIRE FRONT (2005) ioport