minet: A R/Bioconductor Package for Inferring Large Transcriptional Networks Using Mutual Information. Results: This paper presents the R/Bioconductor package minet (version 1.1.6) which provides a set of functions to infer mutual information networks from a dataset. Once fed with a microarray dataset, the package returns a network where nodes denote genes, edges model statistical dependencies between genes and the weight of an edge quantifies the statistical evidence of a specific (e.g transcriptional) gene-to-gene interaction. Four different entropy estimators are made available in the package minet (empirical, Miller-Madow, Schurmann-Grassberger and shrink) as well as four different inference methods, namely relevance networks, ARACNE, CLR and MRNET. Also, the package integrates accuracy assessment tools, like F-scores, PR-curves and ROC-curves in order to compare the inferred network with a reference one. Conclusion: The package minet provides a series of tools for inferring transcriptional networks from microarray data. It is freely available from the Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN) as well as from the Bioconductor website.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Tyler Grimes, Somnath Datta: SeqNet: An R Package for Generating Gene-Gene Networks and Simulating RNA-Seq Data (2021) not zbMATH
- Shi, Jifan; Zhao, Juan; Li, Tiejun; Chen, Luonan: Detecting direct associations in a network by information theoretic approaches (2019)
- Keith, Jonathan M. (ed.): Bioinformatics. Volume II: structure, function, and applications (2017)
- Weishaupt, Holger; Johansson, Patrik; Engström, Christopher; Nelander, Sven; Silvestrov, Sergei; Swartling, Fredrik J.: Loss of conservation of graph centralities in reverse-engineered transcriptional regulatory networks (2017)
- Young, William Chad; Raftery, Adrian E.; Yeung, Ka Yee: A posterior probability approach for gene regulatory network inference in genetic perturbation data (2016)
- Aderhold, Andrej; Husmeier, Dirk; Grzegorczyk, Marco: Statistical inference of regulatory networks for circadian regulation (2014)
- Kasabov, Nikola (ed.): Springer handbook of bio-/neuro-informatics (2014)
- Chen, Bor-Sen; Li, Cheng-Wei: On the interplay between entropy and robustness of gene regulatory networks (2010)