ParMETIS is an MPI-based parallel library that implements a variety of algorithms for partitioning unstructured graphs, meshes, and for computing fill-reducing orderings of sparse matrices. ParMETIS extends the functionality provided by METIS and includes routines that are especially suited for parallel AMR computations and large scale numerical simulations. The algorithms implemented in ParMETIS are based on the parallel multilevel k-way graph-partitioning, adaptive repartitioning, and parallel multi-constrained partitioning schemes developed in our lab.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 131 articles )
Showing results 121 to 131 of 131.
- Basermann, A.; Fingberg, J.; Lonsdale, G.; Maerten, B.; Walshaw, C.: Dynamic multi-partitioning for parallel finite element applications (2001)
- Chandra, Sumir; Parashar, Manish: An evaluation of partitioners for parallel SAMR applications (2001)
- Owen, D. R. J.; Feng, Y. T.: Parallelised finite/discrete element simulation of multi-fracturing solids and discrete systems (2001)
- Andrianov, A. N.; Zhokhova, A. V.; Chetverushkin, B. N.: Using parallel algorithms to compute gas-dynamic flows on irregular grids (2000)
- Basermann, A.; Clinckemaillie, J.; Coupez, T.; Fingberg, J.; Digonnet, H.; Ducloux, R.; Gratien, J.-M.; Hartmann, U.; Lonsdale, G.; Maerten, B.; Roose, D.; Walshaw, C.: Dynamic load-balancing of finite element applications with the DRAMA library (2000)
- Berzins, M.: A new metric for dynamic load balancing (2000)
- Coupez, T.; Digonnet, H.; Ducloux, R.: Parallel meshing and remeshing (2000)
- Günther, Frank; Liu, Wing Kam; Diachin, Darin; Christon, Mark A.: Multi-scale meshfree parallel computations for viscous, compressible flows (2000)
- Hendrickson, Bruce; Devine, Karen: Dynamic load balancing in computational mechanics (2000)
- Kanapady, R.; Tamma, K. K.: A unified family of generalized integration operators [GInO] for non-linear structural dynamics: implementation aspects (2000)
- Touheed, N.; Selwood, P.; Jimack, P. K.; Berzins, M.: A comparison of some dynamic load-balancing algorithms for a parallel adaptive flow solver (2000)
Further publications can be found at: http://glaros.dtc.umn.edu/gkhome/metis/parmetis/publications