HYPERG: a Maple package for manipulating hypergeometric series. This article describes a Maple package for the manipulation of generalized hypergeometric series. This package provides tools for automatic proofs of identities; transforming sums into hypergeometric notation; manipulating factorial expressions; applying summation and transformation formulas; applying contiguous relations; computing formal limits of hypergeometric expressions; manipulating linear recurrence equations; finding polynomial, rational and hypergeometric solutions of recurrences; using the Gosper and Zeilberger algorithms. The aim of this article is to present the package and to give some results obtained with it. It can be obtained by either e-mail (Bruno.Gauthier@univ-mlv.fr) or on the web site (http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/gauthier/HYPERG.html).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Ryabenko, A. A.; Khmelnov, D. E.: Hypergeometric pattern matching summation in Maple (2010)
- Abramov, S. A.; Carette, J. J.; Geddes, K. O.; Le, H. Q.: Telescoping in the context of symbolic summation in Maple (2005)
- -: Proceedings of the 43rd meeting of the Lotharingian Seminar for Combinatorics, Kloster Schöntal, Germany, March 7--10, 1999 (1999)
- Gauthier, Bruno: HYPERG: a Maple package for manipulating hypergeometric series (1999)
- Krattenthaler, Christian: Advanced determinant calculus (1999)