XooTools: Xoodoo cookbook. This document presents Xoodoo, a 48-byte cryptographic permutation that allows very efficient symmetric crypto on a wide range of platforms and a suite of cryptographic functions built on top of it. The central function in this suite is Xoofff, obtained by instantiating Farfalle with Xoodoo. Xoofff is what we call a deck function and can readily be used for MAC computation, stream encryption and key derivation. The suite includes two session authenticated encryption (SAE) modes: Xoofff-SANE and Xoofff-SANSE. Both are built on top of Xoofff and differ in their robustness with respect to nonce misuse. Other members of the suite are a tweakable wide block cipher Xoofff-WBC and authenticated encryption mode Xoofff-WBC-AE, obtained by instantiating the Farfalle-WBC and Farfalle-WBC-AE constructions with Xoofff. Finally, for lightweight applications, we define Xoodyak, a cryptographic scheme that can be used for hashing, encryption, MAC computation and authenticated encryption. Essentially, it is a duplex object extended with an interface that allows absorbing strings of arbitrary length, their encryption and squeezing output of arbitrary length. This paper is a specification and security claim reference for the Xoodoo suite. It is a standing document: over time, we may extend the Xoodoo suite, and we will update it accordingly.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Bordes, Nicolas; Daemen, Joan; Kuijsters, Daniël; Van Assche, Gilles: Thinking outside the superbox (2021)
- Cui, Tingting; Grassi, Lorenzo: Algebraic key-recovery attacks on reduced-round Xoofff (2021)
- Dobraunig, Christoph; Eichlseder, Maria; Mendel, Florian; Schläffer, Martin: \textscAsconv1.2: lightweight authenticated encryption and hashing (2021)
- Gu, Yanqi; Jarecki, Stanislaw; Krawczyk, Hugo: KHAPE: Asymmetric PAKE from key-hiding key exchange (2021)
- Mennink, Bart; Neves, Samuel: On the resilience of Even-Mansour to invariant permutations (2021)
- Saha, Sayandeep; Mukhopadhyay, Debdeep: \textsfTransformwithout \textsfencodeis not sufficient for SIFA and FTA security: a case study (2021)