fastNLO provides the code to create, fill, read, and evaluate fast interpolation tables of pre-computed coefficients in perturbation theory for observables in hadron-induced processes. This allows fast theory predictions of these observables for arbitrary parton distribution functions (of regular shape), renormalization or factorization scale choices, and/or values of alpha_s(Mz) as e.g. needed in PDF fits or in systematic studies. Very time consuming complete recalculations are thus avoided.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Heinrich, Gudrun: Collider physics at the precision frontier (2021)
- Gao, Jun; Harland-Lang, Lucian; Rojo, Juan: The structure of the proton in the LHC precision era (2018)
- Del Debbio, Luigi; Hartland, Nathan; Schumann, Steffen: McCgrid: Projecting cross section calculations on grids (2014)
- Ball, Richard D.; Bertone, Valerio; Carrazza, Stefano; Del Debbio, Luigi; Forte, Stefano; Guffanti, Alberto; Hartland, Nathan P.; Rojo, Juan: Parton distributions with QED corrections (2013)
- Martin, A. D.; Stirling, W. J.; Thorne, R. S.; Watt, G.: Parton distributions for the LHC (2009)