The SeaLion has Landed: An IDE for Answer-Set Programming - Preliminary Report. We report about the current state and designated features of the tool SeaLion, aimed to serve as an integrated development environment (IDE) for answer-set programming (ASP). A main goal of SeaLion is to provide a user-friendly environment for supporting a developer to write, evaluate, debug, and test answer-set programs. To this end, new support techniques have to be developed that suit the requirements of the answer-set semantics and meet the constraints of practical applicability. In this respect, SeaLion benefits from the research results of a project on methods and methodologies for answer-set program development in whose context SeaLion is realised. Currently, the tool provides source-code editors for the languages of Gringo and DLV that offer syntax highlighting, syntax checking, and a visual program outline. Further implemented features are support for external solvers and visualisation as well as visual editing of answer sets. SeaLion comes as a plugin of the popular Eclipse platform and provides itself interfaces for future extensions of the IDE.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Dodaro, Carmine; Gasteiger, Philip; Reale, Kristian; Ricca, Francesco; Schekotihin, Konstantin: Debugging non-ground ASP programs: technique and graphical tools (2019)
- Ellmauthaler, Stefan (ed.); Schulz, Claudia (ed.): Introduction to the TPLP special issue on user-oriented logic programming and reasoning paradigms (2019)
- Fandinno, Jorge; Schulz, Claudia: Answering the “why” in answer set programming -- a survey of explanation approaches (2019)
- Kain, Tobias; Tompits, Hans: Uhura: an authoring tool for specifying answer-set programs using controlled natural language (2019)
- Marcopoulos, Elias; Zhang, Yuanlin: onlineSPARC: a programming environment for answer set programming (2019)
- Oetsch, Johannes; Pührer, Jörg; Tompits, Hans: Stepwise debugging of answer-set programs (2018)
- Busoniu, Paula-Andra; Oetsch, Johannes; Pührer, Jörg; Skočovský, Peter; Tompits, Hans: SeaLion: an eclipse-based IDE for answer-set programming with advanced debugging support (2013) ioport
- Oetsch, Johannes; Pührer, Jörg; Tompits, Hans: The \textbfsealionhas landed: an IDE for answer-set programming--preliminary report (2013) ioport
- De Vos, Marina; Kisa, Doğa Gizem; Oetsch, Johannes; Pührer, Jörg; Tompits, Hans: Annotating answer-set programs in LANA (2012)
- Johannes Oetsch, Jörg Pührer, Hans Tompits: The SeaLion has Landed: An IDE for Answer-Set Programming - Preliminary Report (2011) arXiv