Charlotte: Metacomputing on the Web. Parallel computing on local area networks is generally based on mechanisms that specifically target the properties of the local area network environment. However, these mechanisms do not effectively extend to wide area networks due to issues such as heterogeneity, security, and administrative boundaries. We present a system which enables application programmers to write parallel programs in Java and allows Java-capable browsers to execute parallel tasks. It comprises a virtual machine model which isolates the program from the execution environment, and a runtime system realizing this virtual machine on the Web. Load balancing and fault masking are transparently provided by the runtime system.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Fabisiak, Tomasz; Danilecki, Arkadiusz: Browser-based harnessing of voluntary computational power (2017)
- Xavier, Eduardo C.; Peixoto, Robson R. S.; da Silveira, Jefferson L. M.: Scheduling with task replication on desktop grids: theoretical and experimental analysis (2015)
- Flauzac, Oliver; Krajecki, Michael; Steffenel, Luiz-Angelo: CONFIIT: a middleware for peer-to-peer computing (2010) ioport
- Siva Sathya, S.; Syam Babu, K.: Survey of fault tolerant techniques for grid (2010) ioport
- Kacsuk, Peter; Kovacs, Jozsef; Farkas, Zoltan; Marosi, Attila Csaba; Gombas, Gabor; Balaton, Zoltan: SZTAKI desktop grid (SZDG): a flexible and scalable desktop grid system (2009) ioport
- Kondo, Derrick; Chien, Andrew A.; Casanova, Henri: Scheduling task parallel applications for rapid turnaround on enterprise desktop grids (2007) ioport
- Aversa, Rocco; Di Martino, Beniamino; Mazzocca, Nicola; Venticinque, Salvatore: MAGDA: A mobile agent based grid architecture (2006) ioport
- Aversa, Rocco; Di Martino, Beniamino; Mazzocca, Nicola; Venticinque, Salvatore: MAGDA: A mobile agent based Grid architecture (2006)
- Choi, SungJin; Baik, MaengSoon; Gil, JoonMin; Jung, SoonYoung; Hwang, ChongSun: Adaptive group scheduling mechanism using mobile agents in peer-to-peer grid computing environment (2006)
- Choi, SungJin; Baik, MaengSoon; Gil, JoonMin; Jung, SoonYoung; Hwang, ChongSun: Adaptive group scheduling mechanism using mobile agents in peer-to-peer grid computing environment (2006) ioport