CrimeStat III is a spatial statistics program for the analysis of crime incident locations, developed by Ned Levine & Associates under the direction of Ned Levine, PhD, that was funded by grants from the National Institute of Justice (grants 1997-IJ-CX-0040, 1999-IJ-CX-0044, 2002-IJ-CX-0007, and 2005-IJ-CX-K037). The program is Windows-based and interfaces with most desktop GIS programs. The purpose is to provide supplemental statistical tools to aid law enforcement agencies and criminal justice researchers in their crime mapping efforts. CrimeStat is being used by many police departments around the country as well as by criminal justice and other researchers. The latest version is 3.3. The program inputs incident locations (e.g., robbery locations) in ’dbf’, ’shp’, ASCII or ODBC-compliant formats using either spherical or projected coordinates. It calculates various spatial statistics and writes graphical objects to ArcGIS®, MapInfo®, Surfer for Windows®, and other GIS packages.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Flaxman, Seth; Chirico, Michael; Pereira, Pau; Loeffler, Charles: Scalable high-resolution forecasting of sparse spatiotemporal events with kernel methods: a winning solution to the NIJ “Real-time crime forecasting challenge” (2019)
- Bivand, Roger S.; Wong, David W. S.: Comparing implementations of global and local indicators of spatial association (2018)
- Rey, Sergio J.: Show me the code: spatial analysis and open source (2009) ioport
- Buliung, Ron N.; Remmel, Tarmo K.: Open source, spatial analysis, and activity-travel behaviour research: capabilities of the \textitaspacepackage (2008) ioport
- Grillenzoni, Carlo: Robust nonparametric estimation of the intensity function of point data (2008)
- Grillenzoni, Carlo: Design of kernel M-smoothers for spatial data (2008)
- Assunção, Renato; Tavares, Andréa; Correa, Thais; Kulldorff, Martin: Space-time cluster identification in point processes (2007)
- Buchwald, Peter: A general bilinear model to describe growth or decline time profiles (2007)
- da Silva, Erick Corrêa; Silva, Aristófanes Corrêa; de Paiva, Anselmo Cardoso; Nunes, Rodolfo Acatauassu: Diagnosis of lung nodule using moran’s index and geary’s coefficient in computerized tomography images (2007) ioport
- Oatley, Giles; Ewart, Brian; Zeleznikow, John: Decision support systems for police: Lessons from the application of data mining techniques to ”soft” forensic evidence. (2006) ioport
- Koutsias, Nikos; Kalabokidis, Kostas D.; Allgöwer, Britta: Fire occurrence patterns at landscape level: beyond positional accuracy of ignition points with kernel density estimation methods (2004)