Bison is a general-purpose parser generator that converts an annotated context-free grammar into a deterministic LR or generalized LR (GLR) parser employing LALR(1) parser tables. As an experimental feature, Bison can also generate IELR(1) or canonical LR(1) parser tables. Once you are proficient with Bison, you can use it to develop a wide range of language parsers, from those used in simple desk calculators to complex programming languages. Bison is upward compatible with Yacc: all properly-written Yacc grammars ought to work with Bison with no change. Anyone familiar with Yacc should be able to use Bison with little trouble. You need to be fluent in C or C++ programming in order to use Bison. Java is also supported as an experimental feature.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Mann, Makai; Wilson, Amalee; Zohar, Yoni; Stuntz, Lindsey; Irfan, Ahmed; Brown, Kristopher; Donovick, Caleb; Guman, Allison; Tinelli, Cesare; Barrett, Clark: Smt-Switch: a solver-agnostic C++ API for SMT solving (2021)
- Nalon, Cláudia; Hustadt, Ullrich; Dixon, Clare: (\mathrmK_\mathrmS\mathrmP) a resolution-based theorem prover for (\mathsfK_n): architecture, refinements, strategies and experiments (2020)
- van der Hoeven, Joris: Towards semantic mathematical editing (2015)
- Ferretti, Gianni; Leva, Alberto; Scaglioni, Bruno: Object-oriented modelling of general flexible multibody systems (2014)
- Denny, Joel E.; Malloy, Brian A.: The IELR(1) algorithm for generating minimal LR(1) parser tables for non-LR(1) grammars with conflict resolution (2010)
- Janoušek, Jan; Melichar, Bořivoj: On regular tree languages and deterministic pushdown automata (2009)
- Lin, Yu-Te; Chen, Peng-Sheng: Compiler support for general-purpose computation on GPUs (2009) ioport
- Allombert, Bill: A new interpretor for PARI/GP (2008)
- Duran, Alejandro; Ferrer, Roger; Costa, Juan José; Gonzàlez, Marc; Martorell, Xavier; Ayguadé, Eduard; Labarta, Jesús: A proposal for error handling in OpenMP (2007)