tdc.msm: An R library for the analysis of multi-state survival data. The aim of this paper is to present an R library, called tdc.msm, developed to analyze multi-state survival data. In this library, the time-dependent regression model and multi-state models are included as two possible approaches for such data. For the multi-state modelling five different models are considered, allowing the user to choose between Markov and semi-Markov property, as well as to use homogeneous or non-homogeneous models. Specifically, the following multi-state models in continuous time were implemented: Cox Markov model; Cox semi-Markov model; homogeneous Markov model; non-homogeneous piecewise model and non-parametric Markov model. This software can be used to fit multi-state models with one initial state (e.g., illness diagnosis), a finite number of intermediate states, representing, for example, a change of treatment, and one absorbing state corresponding to a terminal event of interest. Graphical output includes survival estimates, transition probabilities estimates and smooth log hazard for continuous covariates.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Danilo Alvares, Sebastien Haneuse, Catherine Lee, Kyu Ha Lee: SemiCompRisks: An R Package for Independent and Cluster-Correlated Analyses of Semi-Competing Risks Data (2018) arXiv
- Meira-Machado L, Cadarso-Suárez C, de Uña-Alvarez J.: tdc.msm: An R library for the analysis of multi-state survival data (2017) not zbMATH
- Luís Machado; Javier Roca-Pardiñas: p3state.msm: Analyzing Survival Data from an Illness-Death Model (2011) not zbMATH
- Cadarso-Suárez, Carmen; Meira-Machado, Luís; Kneib, Thomas; Gude, Francisco: Flexible hazard ratio curves for continuous predictors in multi-state models: an application to breast cancer data (2010)
- Yu, Binbing; Saczynski, Jane S.; Launer, Lenore: Multiple imputation for estimating the risk of developing dementia and its impact on survival (2010)
- Meira-Machado, Luís; Cadarso-Suárez, Carmen; De Uña-álvarez, Jacobo: Tdc.msm: An R library for the analysis of multi-state survival data. (2007) ioport