PAROC — An integrated framework and software platform for the optimisation and advanced model-based control of process systems. In this paper we present the main foundations and features of an integrated framework and software platform that enables the use of model-based tools in design, operational optimisation and advanced control studies. A step-wise procedure is outlined involving (i) the development of a high-fidelity dynamic model, and its validation and model analysis, (ii) a model approximation step, including system identification, model reduction and global sensitivity analysis, (iii) a receding horizon modelling step for model-predictive control (MPC) and reactive scheduling, (iv) a suite of multi-parametric programming techniques for optimisation under uncertainty, explicit/multi-parametric MPC and state-estimation and (v) an ‘in-silico’ validation step for the derived optimisation, control and/or scheduling strategies to be analysed within the original high-fidelity model. The proposed software platform, PAROC, is also introduced and demonstrated in three different classes of process systems engineering applications; a combined heat and power energy system, a distillation column and a periodic purification process for biopharmaceuticals.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Pappas, Iosif; Diangelakis, Nikolaos A.; Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N.: The exact solution of multiparametric quadratically constrained quadratic programming problems (2021)
- Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N.; Diangelakis, Nikolaos A.; Oberdieck, Richard: Multi-parametric optimization and control (2021)
- Kvasnica, Michal; Bakaráč, Peter; Klaučo, Martin: Complexity reduction in explicit MPC: a reachability approach (2019)
- Oberdieck, Richard; Diangelakis, Nikolaos A.; Avraamidou, Styliani; Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N.: On unbounded and binary parameters in multi-parametric programming: applications to mixed-integer bilevel optimization and duality theory (2017)
- Oberdieck, Richard; Diangelakis, Nikolaos A.; Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N.: Explicit model predictive control: a connected-graph approach (2017)
- Oberdieck, Richard; Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N.: Explicit hybrid model-predictive control: the exact solution (2015)