EUROVAL - An European initiative on validation of CFD codes. Results of the EC/BRITE-EURAM project EUROVAL, 1990-1992 Authors describe a comparison of calculations with Navier-Stokes, Euler and boundary-layer solutions with experimental data relevant to aerodynamic applications. Special attention is paid to the possibility of applying the solutions to realistic flight conditions and to the computation of maximum lift of single airfoils and of high-lift characteristics for two-element airfoils with different closure assumptions for the Reynolds stresses. The examples chosen include the single element airfoil flow, the two-element airfoil flow, the ONERA channel flow, the $3D$ flow over the DLR-F5 wing, boundary-layer flows, wind-tunnel interference and vortex breakdown. The book contains a lot of useful information concerning numerical methods for predicting aerodynamic flows with regard to the comparison to experimental results.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Li, Ji; Zhong, Chengwen; Pan, Dongxin; Zhuo, Congshan: A gas-kinetic scheme coupled with SST model for turbulent flows (2019)
- De Tullio, M. D.; De Palma, P.; Iaccarino, G.; Pascazio, G.; Napolitano, M.: An immersed boundary method for compressible flows using local grid refinement (2007)
- Catalano, Pietro; Amato, Marcello: An evaluation of RANS turbulence modelling for aerodynamic applications (2003)
- Schmidt, Stefan; Thiele, Frank: Detached eddy simulation of flow around A-airfoil (2003)
- Singh, J. P.: An improved Navier-Stokes flow computation of AGARD case-10 flow over RAE2822 airfoil using Baldwin-Lomax model (2001)
- Sørensen, Jens N.; Nygreen, Per J.: Unsteady vorticity-streamfunction algorithm for external flows (2001)
- Veldman, A. E. P.: Matched asymptotic expansions and the numerical treatment of viscous-inviscid interaction (2001)
- Leschziner, Michael A.: Turbulence modelling for separated flows with anisotropy-resolving closures. (2000)
- Weber, Carlos; Ducros, Frédéric: Large eddy and Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes simulations of turbulent flow over an airfoil (2000)
- Batten, P.; Leschziner, M. A.; Goldberg, U. C.: Average-state Jacobians and implicit methods for compressible viscous and turbulent flows (1997)
- Haase, Werner (ed.); Brandsma, Frans (ed.); Elsholz, Eberhard (ed.); Leschziner, Michael (ed.); Schwamborn, Dieter (ed.): EUROVAL - An European initiative on validation of CFD codes. Results of the EC/BRITE-EURAM project EUROVAL, 1990-1992 (1993)