Search and strategies in OPL. OPL is a modeling language for mathematical programming and combinatorial optimization. It is the first language to combine high-level algebraic and set notations from mathematical modeling languages with a rich constraint language and the ability to specify search procedures and strategies that are the essence of constraint programming. This paper describes the facilities available in OPL to specify search procedures. It describes the abstractions of OPL to specify both the search tree (search) and how to explore it (strategies). The paper also illustrates how to use these high-level constructs to implement traditional search procedures in constraint programming and scheduling.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 32 articles )
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32.
- De Koninck, Leslie; Schrijvers, Tom; Demoen, Bart: A flexible search framework for CHR (2008)
- Hamiez, J.-P.; Hao, J.-K.: Using solution properties within an enumerative search to solve a sports league scheduling problem (2008)
- de Givry, Simon; Jeannin, Laurent: A unified framework for partial and hybrid search methods in constraint programming (2006)
- Russell, Robert A.; Urban, Timothy L.: A constraint programming approach to the multiple-venue, sport-scheduling problem (2006)
- Van Hentenryck, Pascal; Michel, Laurent: Nondeterministic control for hybrid search (2006)
- Michel, Laurent; Van Hentenryck, Pascal: A modeling layer for constraint-programming libraries (2005)
- Van Hentenryck, Pascal; Michel, Laurent: Nondeterministic control for hybrid search (2005)
- Van Hentenryck, Pascal; Michel, Laurent; Liu, Liyuan: Contraint-based combinators for local search (2005)
- Michel, Laurent; Van Hentenryck, Pascal: A decomposition-based implementation of search strategies (2004)
- Van Hentenryck, Pascal: Constraint and integer programming in OPL (2002)
- Michel, Laurent; Van Hentenryck, Pascal: Localizer (2000)
- Van Hentenryck, Pascal; Perron, Laurent; Puget, Jean-François: Search and strategies in OPL (2000)