EFTofPNG: A package for high precision computation with the Effective Field Theory of Post-Newtonian Gravity. We present a new public package ”EFTofPNG” for high precision computation in the effective field theory of post-Newtonian (PN) Gravity, including spins. We created this package in view of the timely need to publicly share automated computation tools, which integrate the various types of physics manifested in the expected increasing influx of gravitational wave (GW) data. Hence, we created a free and open source package, which is self-contained, modular, all-inclusive, and accessible to the classical Gravity community. The ”EFTofPNG” Mathematica package also uses the power of the ”xTensor” package, suited for complicate tensor computation, where our coding also strategically approaches the generic generation of Feynman contractions, which is universal to all perturbation theories in physics, by efficiently treating n-point functions as tensors of rank n. The package currently contains four independent units, which serve as subsidiaries to the main one. Its final unit serves as a pipeline chain for the obtainment of the final GW templates, and provides the full computation of all derivatives and gauge invariant physical observables of interest. The upcoming ”EFTofPNG” package version 1.0 should cover the point mass sector, and all the spin sectors, up to the fourth PN order, and the two-loop level. We expect and strongly encourage public development of the package to improve its efficiency, and to extend it to further PN sectors, and observables useful for the waveform modeling.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Dietrich, Tim; Hinderer, Tanja; Samajdar, Anuradha: Interpreting binary neutron star mergers: describing the binary neutron star dynamics, modelling gravitational waveforms, and analyzing detections (2021)
- Levi, Michèle; Mougiakakos, Stavros; Vieira, Mariana: Gravitational cubic-in-spin interaction at the next-to-leading post-Newtonian order (2021)
- Levi, Michèle; Steinhoff, Jan: Complete conservative dynamics for inspiralling compact binaries with spins at the fourth post-Newtonian order (2021)
- Chung, Ming-Zhi; Huang, Yu-tin; Kim, Jung-Wook: Classical potential for general spinning bodies (2020)
- Guevara, Alfredo: Holomorphic classical limit for spin effects in gravitational and electromagnetic scattering (2019)
- Kosower, David A.; Maybee, Ben; O’Connell, Donal: Amplitudes, observables, and classical scattering (2019)
- Michele Levi, Jan Steinhoff: EFTofPNG: A package for high precision computation with the Effective Field Theory of Post-Newtonian Gravity (2017) arXiv