Algorithm 891: A Fortran virtual memory system. Fortran_Virtual_Memory is a Fortran 95 package that provides facilities for reading from and writing to direct-access files. A buffer is used to avoid actual input/output operations whenever possible. The data may be spread over many files and for very large data sets these may be held on more than one device. We describe the design of Fortran_Virtual_Memory and comment on its use within an out-of-core sparse direct solver.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Hogg, Jonathan; Scott, Jennifer: New parallel sparse direct solvers for multicore architectures (2013)
- Amestoy, P.; Duff, I. S.; Guermouche, A.; Slavova, Tz.: Analysis of the solution phase of a parallel multifrontal approach (2010)
- Hogg, J. D.; Scott, J. A.: A fast and robust mixed-precision solver for the solution of sparse symmetric linear systems (2010)
- Scott, Jennifer A.: Scaling and pivoting in an out-of-core sparse direct solver (2010)
- Reid, J. K.; Scott, J. A.: An efficient out-of-core multifrontal solver for large-scale unsymmetric element problems (2009)
- Reid, John K.; Scott, Jennifer A.: An out-of-core sparse Cholesky solver (2009)