Parallel netCDF (PnetCDF), a collaborative work of Argonne National Laboratory and Northwestern University, is a parallel I/O library for accessing NetCDF files in CDF-1, 2, and 5 formats. The CDF-5 file format, an extension of CDF-2, supports more data types and allows users to use 64-bit integers to define large dimensions, attributes, variables (> 2B array elements). NetCDF supports parallel I/O starting from version 4. Prior to version 4.1, the file format for parallel I/O operations is restricted to HDF5. Starting from release of 4.1, NetCDF users can also perform parallel I/O on files in classic formats (CDF-1, 2, and 5) through PnetCDF library underneath.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Lintermann, Andreas; Meinke, Matthias; Schröder, Wolfgang: Zonal flow solver (ZFS): a highly efficient multi-physics simulation framework (2020)
- Mang, Andreas; Gholami, Amir; Davatzikos, Christos; Biros, George: CLAIRE: a distributed-memory solver for constrained large deformation diffeomorphic image registration (2019)
- Newman, Christopher; Womeldorff, Geoffrey; Knoll, Dana A.; Chacón, Luis: A communication-avoiding implicit-explicit method for a free-surface ocean model (2016)
- Peterka, Tom; Croubois, Hadrien; Li, Nan; Rangel, Esteban; Cappello, Franck: Self-adaptive density estimation of particle data (2016)
- Lintermann, A.; Schlimpert, S.; Grimmen, J. H.; Günther, C.; Meinke, M.; Schröder, W.: Massively parallel grid generation on HPC systems (2014)
- Xu, Weixia; Lu, Yutong; Li, Qiong; Zhou, Enqiang; Song, Zhenlong; Dong, Yong; Zhang, Wei; Wei, Dengping; Zhang, Xiaoming; Chen, Haitao; Xing, Jianying; Yuan, Yuan: Hybrid hierarchy storage system in MilkyWay-2 supercomputer (2014) ioport
- Galiano, Vicente; Migallón, Héctor; Migallón, Violeta; Penadés, Jose: PyPnetCDF: a high level framework for parallel access to netCDF files (2010)
- Drummond, L. Anthony; Galiano, Vicente; Migallón, Violeta; Penadés, Jose: PyACTS: A Python based interface to ACTS tools and parallel scientific applications (2009)
- Drummond, L. Anthony; Galiano, Vicente; Migallón, Violeta; Penadés, Jose: Interfaces for parallel numerical linear algebra libraries in high level languages (2009)
- Li, Jianwei; Liao, Wei-Keng; Choudhary, Alok N.; Ross, Robert B.; Thakur, Rajeev; Gropp, William; Latham, Robert: Parallel netcdf: A scientific high-performance I/O interface (2003) ioport