kappa_SQ: A Matlab package for randomized sampling of matrices with orthonormal columns. The kappa_SQ software package is designed to assist researchers working on randomized row sampling. The package contains a collection of Matlab functions along with a GUI that ties them all together and provides a platform for the user to perform experiments. In particular, kappa_SQ is designed to do experiments related to the two-norm condition number of a sampled matrix, κ(SQ), where S is a row sampling matrix and Q is a tall and skinny matrix with orthonormal columns. Via a simple GUI, kappa_SQ can generate test matrices, perform various types of row sampling, measure κ(SQ), calculate bounds and produce high quality plots of the results. All of the important codes are written in separate Matlab function files in a standard format which makes it easy for a user to either use the codes by themselves or incorporate their own codes into the kappa_SQ package.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Chi, Jocelyn T.; Ipsen, Ilse C. F.: Multiplicative perturbation bounds for multivariate multiple linear regression in Schatten (p)-norms (2021)
- Sobczyk, Aleksandros; Gallopoulos, Efstratios: Estimating leverage scores via rank revealing methods and randomization (2021)
- Arias-Castro, Ery; Javanmard, Adel; Pelletier, Bruno: Perturbation bounds for procrustes, classical scaling, and trilateration, with applications to manifold learning (2020)
- Saibaba, Arvind K.: Randomized discrete empirical interpolation method for nonlinear model reduction (2020)
- Trogdon, Thomsa: On spectral and numerical properties of random butterfly matrices (2019)
- Hauenstein, Jonathan D.; Regan, Margaret H.: Adaptive strategies for solving parameterized systems using homotopy continuation (2018)
- Ascher, Uri; Roosta-Khorasani, Farbod: Algorithms that satisfy a stopping criterion, probably (2016)
- Drmač, Zlatko; Gugercin, Serkan: A new selection operator for the discrete empirical interpolation method -- improved a priori error bound and extensions (2016)
- Holodnak, John T.; Ipsen, Ilse C. F.: Randomized approximation of the Gram matrix: exact computation and probabilistic bounds (2015)
- Holodnak, John T.; Ipsen, Ilse C. F.; Wentworth, Thomas: Conditioning of leverage scores and computation by QR decomposition (2015)
- Ipsen, Ilse C. F.; Wentworth, Thomas: The effect of coherence on sampling from matrices with orthonormal columns, and preconditioned least squares problems (2014)