Python is a popular all-purpose scripting language, while R (an open source implementation of the S/Splus language) is a scripting language mostly popular for data analysis, statistics, and graphics. If you are reading this, there are good chances that you are at least familiar with one of both. Having an interface between both languages to benefit from the libraries of one language while working in the other appeared desirable; an early option to achieve it was the RSPython project, itself part of the Omegahat project. A bit later, the RPy project appeared and focused on providing simple and robust access to R from within Python, with the initial Unix-only releases quickly followed by Microsoft and MacOS compatible versions. This project is referred to as RPy-1.x in the rest of this document. The present documentation describes RPy2, an evolution of RPy-1.x. Naturally RPy2 is inspired by RPy, but also by A. Belopolskys’s contributions that were waiting to be included into RPy. This effort can be seen as a redesign and rewrite of the RPy package, and this unfortunately means there is not enough left in common to ensure compatibility.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Eshin Jolly: Pymer4: Connecting R and Python for Linear Mixed Modeling (2021) not zbMATH
- Hyemin Han: BayesFactorFMRI: Implementing Bayesian Second-Level fMRI Analysis with Multiple Comparison Correction and Bayesian Meta-Analysis of fMRI Images with Multiprocessing (2021) not zbMATH
- Michael C. Thrun, Quirin Stier: Fundamental clustering algorithms suite (2021) not zbMATH
- Thomas P. Urbach; Andrey S. Portnoy: fitgrid: A Python package for multi-channel event-related time series regression modeling (2021) not zbMATH
- Chambers, John M.: Extending R (2016)
- Jeroen Ooms: The RAppArmor Package: Enforcing Security Policies in R Using Dynamic Sandboxing on Linux (2013) arXiv
- John Verzani: gWidgetsWWW: Creating Interactive Web Pages within R (2012) not zbMATH
- Xiao-Qin Xia, Michael McClelland, Yipeng Wang: PypeR, A Python Package for Using R in Python (2010) not zbMATH