VARFIT: A program for semi-automatic variogram modeling. The variogram is an important input in geostatistical techniques. Calculated experimental variograms must be modelled with a legitimate analytical model. This program obtains a legitimate model of spatial variability that closely fits directional experimental variograms. The program mimics the iterative procedure performed by the experienced geostatistician. In addition this program can fit linear models of coregionalization that are licit and positive semi-definite. The program varfit is GSLIB compatible, but it can be run with any variogram calculation output that has been properly reformatted. The nugget effect, sill contributions, structure types and ranges, are fit to experimental variogram points in up to three directions simultaneously. The user can fix components of the variogram as needed. The fitting can be weighted by lag distance and/or number of pairs at each point, as an option for a better fit at shorter distances or at lags with more pairs, respectively.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Peredo, Oscar; Ortiz, Julián M.; Leuangthong, Oy: Inverse modeling of moving average isotropic kernels for non-parametric three-dimensional Gaussian simulation (2016)
- Mejer Hansen, Thomas; Skou Cordua, Knud; Mosegaard, Klaus: A general probabilistic approach for inference of Gaussian model parameters from noisy data of point and volume support (2015)
- Desassis, N.; Renard, D.: Automatic variogram modeling by iterative least squares: univariate and multivariate cases (2013)
- Machuca-Mory, David F.; Deutsch, Clayton V.: Non-stationary geostatistical modeling based on distance weighted statistics and distributions (2013)
- Liou, Jun-Jih; Su, Yuan-Fong; Chiang, Jie-Lun; Cheng, Ke-Sheng: Gamma random field simulation by a covariance matrix transformation method (2011)
- Olea, Ricardo A.; Pardo-Igúzquiza, Eulogio: Generalized bootstrap method for assessment of uncertainty in semivariogram inference (2011)
- Goovaerts, Pierre: Kriging and semivariogram deconvolution in the presence of irregular geographical units (2008)