Multiple Precision Toolbox for MATLAB. The mp toolbox defines a new class, the mp class, which holds arbitrary precision quantities. Many common numerical functions are overloaded for this class and therefore work without modification to source code. Look at the @mp directory under the MATLAB directory for a list of mp supported functions. If the function is not specifically written for mp objects, it still may work if the function in question relies only on functions in the @mp directory. Precompiled and builtin function from TMW like eig, etc. will not work with mp objects unless specifically written using overloaded functions from the @mp directory.A simple script, mp_makeall.m looks through the current variables,and converts all doubles to mp objects.The mp toolbox is only implemented for base 10 quantities, and the rounding mode is fixed to be GMP_RNDN (unless you change it in all the /private/*.c files and recompile).The overloaded functions sum, min, and max only work for 1 or 2 dimensional mp objects right now.mp random numbers can be generated using rand() if rand at least 1 of the input arguments is an mp object. However, the seed given to gmp_randseed_ui is only in the range 0<seed<1000000, but this can be adjusted in @mp/rand.mA zeta function using m arithmetic is provided, whereas native MATLAB has no such function except for sym objects.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Fujiwara, Hiroshi: Design and implementation of multiple-precision arithmetic environment in MATLAB for reliable numerical computations (2019)
- Schmutzhard, Sebastian; Hrycak, Tomasz; Feichtinger, Hans G.: A numerical study of the Legendre-Galerkin method for the evaluation of the prolate spheroidal wave functions (2015)
- Tian, WenYi; Deng, Weihua; Wu, Yujiang: Polynomial spectral collocation method for space fractional advection-diffusion equation (2014)
- Picchini, Umberto; De Gaetano, Andrea; Ditlevsen, Susanne: Stochastic differential mixed-effect models (2010)
- Picchini, Umberto; Ditlevsen, Susanne; de Gaetano, Andrea; Lansky, Petr: Parameters of the diffusion leaky integrate-and-fire neuronal model for a slowly fluctuating signal (2008)