Aghora: A High-Order DG Solver for Turbulent Flow Simulations. This paper presents details of the solver Aghora for the simulation of unsteady compressible turbulent flows. Different modelling levels are used: Reynolds averaged Navier-Stokes equations coupled with turbulence transport equations, variational multi-scale formulation of large-eddy simulation, and direct numerical simulation. The space discretization is based on a high-order discontinuous Galerkin method with representation of curved boundaries. High-order explicit and implicit Runge-Kutta methods are used for the time integration. The performance of the solver will be assessed in various examples of compressible turbulent flow numerical simulation in three space dimensions.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Coquel, Frédéric; Marmignon, Claude; Rai, Pratik; Renac, Florent: An entropy stable high-order discontinuous Galerkin spectral element method for the Baer-Nunziato two-phase flow model (2021)
- Renac, Florent: Entropy stable, robust and high-order DGSEM for the compressible multicomponent Euler equations (2021)
- Bruel, Pascal; Delmas, Simon; Jung, Jonathan; Perrier, Vincent: A low Mach correction able to deal with low Mach acoustics (2019)
- Fernandez, Pablo; Moura, Rodrigo C.; Mengaldo, Gianmarco; Peraire, Jaime: Non-modal analysis of spectral element methods: towards accurate and robust large-eddy simulations (2019)
- Naddei, Fabio; de la Llave Plata, Marta; Couaillier, Vincent; Coquel, Frédéric: A comparison of refinement indicators for (p)-adaptive simulations of steady and unsteady flows using discontinuous Galerkin methods (2019)
- de la Llave Plata, Marta; Couaillier, Vincent; le Pape, Marie-Claire: On the use of a high-order discontinuous Galerkin method for DNS and LES of wall-bounded turbulence (2018)
- Fernandez, P.; Nguyen, N. C.; Peraire, J.: The hybridized discontinuous Galerkin method for implicit large-eddy simulation of transitional turbulent flows (2017)
- Renac, Florent: A robust high-order Lagrange-projection like scheme with large time steps for the isentropic Euler equations (2017)
- Chapelier, J.-B.; de la Llave Plata, M.; Lamballais, E.: Development of a multiscale LES model in the context of a modal discontinuous Galerkin method (2016)
- Renac, Florent: Stability analysis of discontinuous Galerkin discrete shock profiles for steady scalar conservation laws (2016)
- Parsani, Matteo; Carpenter, Mark H.; Nielsen, Eric J.: Entropy stable wall boundary conditions for the three-dimensional compressible Navier-Stokes equations (2015)
- Mbengoue, D. A.; Genet, D.; Lachat, C.; Martin, E.; Mogé, M.; Perrier, V.; Renac, F.; Rué, F. S.; Ricchiuto, M.: Comparison of high order algorithms in \textscAerosoland \textscAghorafor compressible flows (2013)