A new computer code for discrete fracture network modelling. The authors describe a comprehensive software package for two- and three-dimensional stochastic rock fracture simulation using marked point processes. Fracture locations can be modelled by a Poisson, a non-homogeneous, a cluster or a Cox point process; fracture geometries and properties are modelled by their respective probability distributions. Virtual sampling tools such as plane, window and scanline sampling are included in the software together with a comprehensive set of statistical tools including histogram analysis, probability plots, rose diagrams and hemispherical projections. The paper describes in detail the theoretical basis of the implementation and provides a case study in rock fracture modelling to demonstrate the application of the software.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Xu, Zengguang; Liu, Yang; Wang, Yaping; Chai, Junrui; Li, Yanlong: Analysis of coupled three-dimensional seepage and temperature fields in fracture network of rock mass (2020)
- Fumagalli, Alessio; Keilegavlen, Eirik; Scialò, Stefano: Conforming, non-conforming and non-matching discretization couplings in discrete fracture network simulations (2019)
- Fumagalli, Alessio; Keilegavlen, Eirik: Dual virtual element method for discrete fractures networks (2018)
- Zhan, Jiewei; Chen, Jianping; Xu, Peihua; Zhang, Wen; Han, Xudong; Zhou, Xin: Automatic identification of rock fracture sets using finite mixture models (2017)
- Berrone, Stefano; Pieraccini, Sandra; Scialò, Stefano; Vicini, Fabio: A parallel solver for large scale DFN flow simulations (2015)
- Fadakar Alghalandis, Younes; Dowd, Peter A.; Xu, Chaoshui: Connectivity field: a measure for characterising fracture networks (2015)
- Xu, Chaoshui; Dowd, Peter A.: Stochastic fracture propagation modelling for enhanced geothermal systems (2014)