A program for solving the $Lsb 2$ reduced-order model problem with fixed denominator degree. A set of necessary conditions which must be satisfied by the $L_2$ optimal rational transfer matrix approximating a given higher order transfer matrix is briefly described. The model reduction problem consists in the approximation of a large-scale linear system by a lower-order model according to a suitable criterion.par The paper proposes an efficient algorithm which is based on a re-formulation of the first-order necessary conditions of optimality in terms of interpolation constraints and does not require gradient computations. The main features of this algorithm are illustrated and the corresponding program is implemented using MATLAB functions.par The claim of the authors is that the present algorithm is computationally much simpler than most optimal or seven suboptimal reduction techniques presently available, since it requires only the solution of linear equations.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Beattie, Christopher; Drmač, Zlatko; Gugercin, Serkan: Revisiting IRKA: connections with pole placement and backward stability (2020)
- Krajewski, W.; Viaro, U.: A method for the integer-order approximation of fractional-order systems (2014)
- Flagg, Garret; Beattie, Christopher; Gugercin, Serkan: Convergence of the iterative rational Krylov algorithm (2012)
- Krajewski, Wieslaw; Viaro, Umberto: On MIMO model reduction by the weighted equation-error approach (2007)
- Krajewski, W.; Lepschy, A.; Redivo-Zaglia, M.; Viaro, U.: A program for solving the (L_ 2) reduced-order model problem with fixed denominator degree (1995)