SPLASH: An Interactive Visualisation Tool for Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Simulations. This paper presents SPLASH, a publicly available interactive visualisation tool for Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) simulations. Visualisation of SPH data is more complicated than for grid-based codes because the data are defined on a set of irregular points and therefore requires a mapping procedure to a two dimensional pixel array. This means that, in practise, many authors simply produce particle plots which offer a rather crude representation of the simulation output. Here we describe the techniques and algorithms which are utilised in SPLASH in order to provide the user with a fast, interactive and meaningful visualisation of one, two and three dimensional SPH results.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Holmes, David W.; Pivonka, Peter: Novel pressure inlet and outlet boundary conditions for smoothed particle hydrodynamics, applied to real problems in porous media flow (2021)
- Stoyanovskaya, Olga; Davydov, Maxim; Arendarenko, Maxim; Isaenko, Elizaveta; Markelova, Tamara; Snytnikov, Valeriy: Fast method to simulate dynamics of two-phase medium with intense interaction between phases by smoothed particle hydrodynamics: gas-dust mixture with polydisperse particles, linear drag, one-dimensional tests (2021)
- David A. Hubber, Giovanni P. Rosotti, Richard A. Booth: GANDALF - Graphical Astrophysics code for N-body Dynamics And Lagrangian Fluids (2017) arXiv
- Duan, Guangtao; Chen, Bin: Large eddy simulation by particle method coupled with sub-particle-scale model and application to mixing layer flow (2015)
- Stasyszyn, Federico A.; Elstner, Detlef: A vector potential implementation for smoothed particle magnetohydrodynamics (2015)
- Adami, S.; Hu, X. Y.; Adams, N. A.: A transport-velocity formulation for smoothed particle hydrodynamics (2013)
- Price, Daniel J.: Smoothed particle hydrodynamics and magnetohydrodynamics (2012)
- Corrigan, Andrew; Wallin, John; Vesenjak, Matej: Visualization of meshless simulations using Fourier volume rendering (2009)
- Lorén-Aguilar, P.; Isern, J.; García-Berro, E.: High-resolution smoothed particle hydrodynamics simulations of the merger of binary white dwarfs (2009)
- Vanaverbeke, S.; Keppens, R.; Poedts, S.; Boffin, H.: GRADSPH: A parallel smoothed particle hydrodynamics code for self-gravitating astrophysical fluid dynamics (2009)
- Price, Daniel J.: Modelling discontinuities and Kelvin-Helmholtz instabilities in SPH (2008)