- Referenced in 3522 articles
- Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequence. The main use for the OEIS is to identify ... number sequence that you have come across, perhaps in your work, while reading a book ... decide to ask the OEIS if this sequence has appeared before in the scientific literature ... reply tells you that this is sequence A3071, which is the number of steps needed...
- Referenced in 371 articles
- such as integers, strings, and booleans, and sequences that may contain both references to nodes ... atomic value, or more generally, any sequence allowed by the data model. The name...
- Referenced in 245 articles
- BLAST finds regions of similarity between biological sequences. The program compares nucleotide or protein sequences ... sequence databases and calculates the statistical significance...
- Referenced in 229 articles
- searching protein and DNA databases for sequence similarities. For protein comparisons, a variety of definitional ... more sensitive to weak but biologically relevant sequence similarities. PSI-BLAST is used to uncover...
- Referenced in 317 articles
- prove that under reasonable assumptions the sequence generated by Newton’s method has a limit...
- Referenced in 301 articles
- relaxations of the GPM, whose associated monotone sequence of optimal values converges to the global...
- Referenced in 261 articles
- SVMs. The algorithm proceeds by solving a sequence of optimization problems lower-bounding the solution...
- Referenced in 131 articles
- UniProt is an important collection of protein sequences and their annotations, which has doubled ... size to 80 million sequences during the past year. This growth in sequences has prompted ... characters. An increasing fraction of new sequences are identical to a sequence that already exists ... database with the majority of sequences coming from genome sequencing projects. We have created...
- Referenced in 133 articles
- Algorithm 659: Implementing Sobol’s quasirandom sequence generator: TOMS659 is a FORTRAN77 library which computes ... elements of the Sobol quasirandom sequence. A quasirandom or low discrepancy sequence, such ... Faure, Halton, Hammersley, Niederreiter or Sobol sequences, is ”less random” than a pseudorandom number sequence ... global optimization. This is because low discrepancy sequences tend to sample space ”more uniformly” than...
- Referenced in 135 articles
- improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties...
- Referenced in 112 articles
- defined generators. Specific tests suites for either sequences of uniform random numbers ... sequences are also available. Basic tools for plotting vectors of points produced by generators...
- Referenced in 151 articles
- number of inversions in the input sequence. This result provides a theoretical explanation...
- Referenced in 89 articles
- techniques, and using simple join operations. All sequences are discovered in only three database scans ... with respect to the number of input-sequences, and a number of other database parameters ... Finally, we discuss how the results of sequence mining can be applied in a real...
- Referenced in 134 articles
- command name in the command calling sequence. As the underlying implementation of the gfun package...
- Referenced in 83 articles
- have to be ordered in a linear sequence. For every pair ... before j (j before i) in this sequence. The task is to find a linear ... sequence such that the sum of the coefficients that are compatible with this ordering...
- Referenced in 127 articles
- clever way to round a sequence of fractional solutions of the LP relaxation, until...
- Referenced in 71 articles
- Muscle: multiple sequence alignment with high accuracy and high throughput. We describe MUSCLE ... program for creating multiple alignments of protein sequences. Elements of the algorithm include fast distance ... tested methods for large numbers of sequences, aligning 5000 sequences of average length...
- Referenced in 117 articles
- Bayes approaches to thresholding a possibly sparse sequence” and ”Empirical Bayes selection of wavelet thresholds...
- Referenced in 82 articles
- However, Apriori still encounters problems when a sequence database is large and/or when sequential patterns ... recently proposed method, FreeSpan, in mining large sequence databases.PrefixSpan...
- Referenced in 109 articles
- Like this, over the generation sequence, individuals with better and better f-values are generated...