- Referenced in 546 articles
- complete generality and confine our scope to algorithms that are easy to implement ... considered. Chapter 3 is devoted to line-search and trust-region methods, which are used ... used to demonstrate the behavior of optimization algorithms. Chapter 7 introduces implicit filtering, a technique ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 539 articles
- variants of the Davis-Putnam (DP) search algorithm. In this paper we describe the development ... careful engineering of all aspects of the search - especially a particularly efficient implementation of Boolean...
- Referenced in 260 articles
- wide array of hard optimization problems. Scatter search constructs new trial solutions by combining ... other evolutionary methods like genetic algorithms, scatter search is founded on the premise that systematic ... instantiation of scatter search can compete with the best-known training algorithms in terms...
- Referenced in 199 articles
- GSAT and WalkSat are local search algorithms to solve Boolean satisfiability problems. Both algorithms work...
- Referenced in 305 articles
- suite of principled search (”exploration,” ”discovery”) algorithms it provides--for example its ability to search...
- Referenced in 237 articles
- 2002a]. New in this version is an algorithm for learning ranking functions [Joachims, 2002c ... applications like search engines and recommender systems. Futhermore, this version includes an algorithm for training ... large-scale transductive SVMs. The algorithm proceeds by solving a sequence of optimization problems lower ... form of local search. A detailed description of the algorithm can be found in [Joachims...
- Referenced in 283 articles
- alpha shapes, convex hull algorithms (in 2D, 3D and dD), search structures (kd trees ... nearest neighbor search, and range and segment trees), interpolation (natural neighbor interpolation and placement ... data structures. All these data structures and algorithms operate on geometric objects like points ... sorting functions, as well as a matrix search framework and a solver for linear...
- Referenced in 1200 articles
- factorizations, visualizing matrices, and carrying out direct search optimization. Various other miscellaneous functions are also ... book Accuracy and Stability of Numerical Algorithms (SIAM, Second edition, August...
- Referenced in 120 articles
- Algorithm 754: Fortran subroutines for approximate solution of dense quadratic assignment problems using GRASP (greedy ... randomized adaptive search procedures...
- Referenced in 58 articles
- text-based interface for search algorithms. It splits an optimization process into two modules...
- Referenced in 41 articles
- paper, we investigate two algorithms that use advanced initialization and search strategies to operate better ... these conditions. The first algorithm, Bin_MSOPS, uses a binary search tree to divide ... empty regions near `fit’ solutions. The second algorithm, ParEGO, begins with solutions in a latin ... total. Results indicate that the two algorithms search the space in very different ways...
- Referenced in 52 articles
- massively parallel implementations for a global search algorithm DIRECT. Two parallel schemes take different approaches...
- Referenced in 95 articles
- Norwich, and Toulouse. The participants developed optimization algorithms based on branch-and-cut and constraint ... including a variety of local search methods, genetic algorithms, neural networks, and potential reduction. These...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- tool for the development of local search algorithms in C++. The basic idea of EasyLocal ... capture the essential features of most local search metaheuristics, and their possible compositions. This allows ... implement the invariant parts of various search algorithms, and the ”Strategy Method”, for the communication...
- Referenced in 33 articles
- HypE: an algorithm for fast hypervolume-based many-objective optimization. In the field of evolutionary ... indicator’s potential; current hypervolume-based search algorithms are limited to problems with only ... this issue and proposes a fast search algorithm that uses Monte Carlo simulation to approximate ... detail, we present HypE, a hypervolume estimation algorithm for multi-objective optimization, by which...
- Referenced in 119 articles
- sequential quadratic programming (SQP) algorithm, in which each search direction is the solution...
- Referenced in 192 articles
- Mead simplex algorithm, first published in 1965, is an enormously popular direct search method ... been proved explicitly for the Nelder--Mead algorithm. This paper presents convergence properties...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- that implements the Mesh Adaptive Direct Search (MADS) algorithm for blackbox optimization under general nonlinear...
- Referenced in 50 articles
- lower bounds. The underlying algorithm used is a pattern search method, or more specifically ... optional) search step of coordinate search, the algorithm incorporates a particle swarm scheme for dissemination ... extensive numerical experiments showed that the resulting algorithm is highly competitive with other global optimization ... provision for the degenerate case. The search step has also been adapted accordingly. In particular...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- provide methods for optimizing a target algorithm’s performance on a given class of problem ... review a family of local-search-based algorithm configuration procedures and present novel techniques...