- Referenced in 1582 articles
- level, general-purpose, interpreted, dynamic programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability ... languages such as C++ or Java. The language provides constructs intended to enable clear programs...
- Referenced in 290 articles
- standardized, object-oriented programming language designed by Bertrand Meyer (an object-orientation proponent and author ... Software. The design of the language is closely connected with the Eiffel programming method. Both ... based on a set of principles, including design by contract, command-query separation, the uniform ... their way into Java, C#, and other languages. New language design ideas, particularly through...
- Referenced in 291 articles
- successor to the ALGOL 60 programming language, designed with the goal of a much wider ... they had reappeared in subsequently developed programming languages...
- Referenced in 233 articles
- compiled English-like computer programming language designed for business use. It is imperative, procedural ... COBOL programmers, programs are being migrated to new platforms, rewritten in modern languages or replaced...
- Referenced in 306 articles
- presents Julia, a new dynamic language for technical computing, designed for performance from the beginning ... adapting and extending modern programming language techniques. A design based on generic functions ... rich type system simultaneously enables an expressive programming model and successful type inference, leading...
- Referenced in 174 articles
- procedural, imperative computer programming language designed for scientific, engineering, business and system programming uses...
- Referenced in 103 articles
- language that is designed for a specific programming language and another language that is independent ... particular programming language. Larch interface languages have been designed for a variety of programming languages...
- Referenced in 157 articles
- theorem proving, but he also designed the ML programming language underlying it and the innovative ... still in use today, and the design of the hardware veri¯cation system...
- Referenced in 108 articles
- support the design of theorem provers, logic programming languages, constraints solvers and decision procedures ... support the design of theorem provers, logic programming languages, constraints solvers and decision procedures ... studying their combination. ELAN takes from functional programming the concept of abstract data types ... languages where the term reduction strategy is hard-wired and not accessible to the designer...
- Referenced in 71 articles
- BABEL. We investigate the experimental programming language BABEL, designed to achieve integration of functional programming ... HOPE, Standard, ML, or MIRANDA) and logic programming (as embodied in PROLOG) in a simple ... flexible, and mathematically well-bounded way. The language relies on a constructor discipline, well suited...
- Referenced in 66 articles
- functional correctness of programs.The Dafny programming language is designed to support the static verification ... termination metrics. To further support specifications, the language also offers updatable ghost variables, recursive functions...
- Referenced in 49 articles
- ACRITH-XSC is a Fortran-like programming language designed for the development of self-validating ... Other ACRITH-XSC features have been specifically designed for numerical purposes: numeric constant and data ... algorithms to attain high accuracy.\parThe main language features and numerical tools of ACRITH ... noted where appropriate. A complete sample program for computing continuous bounds on the solution...
- Referenced in 463 articles
- object-oriented matrix programming language with a comprehensive mathematical and statistical function library. Matrices ... extensive library, and well-designed syntax, which leads to programs which are easier to maintain...
- Referenced in 71 articles
- investigate the issue of designing a kernel programming language for mobile computing and describe KLAIM ... operators for building processes. KLAIM naturally supports programming with explicit localities. Localities are first-class ... manipulated like any other data), but the language provides coordination mechanisms to control the interaction ... useful for discussing the design of the language and provides guidelines for implementations. KLAIM...
- Referenced in 138 articles
- OBJ3 is a program specification and proof system based on order sorted equational logic ... software design and specification, rapid prototyping, theorem proving, user interface design, and hardware verification, among ... first language to implement parameterized programming and its module system influenced the designs...
- Referenced in 163 articles
- reactive kernel in a larger program that handles the interface and data manipulations ... their input languages for their hardware/software co-design system...
- Referenced in 197 articles
- descendant of the Pascal programming language. It was developed in Switzerland in the 1970s ... Niklaus Wirth, the same person who designed Pascal. The main innovation of Modula over Pascal ... related declarations into program units; hence the name Modula. The language is defined...
- Referenced in 44 articles
- programming language which targets low-level hardware, most commonly used in the programming of FPGAs ... programming languages were to programming CPUs. Unlike many other design languages that target a specific ... compiled to a number of design languages and then synthesised to the corresponding hardware. This ... programming task at hand rather than the idiosyncrasies of a specific design language and architecture...
- Referenced in 663 articles
- gave rise to many other programming languages, including CPL, Simula, BCPL, B, Pascal ... ALGOL 68 committee decided on a design that was more complex and advanced rather than...
- Referenced in 135 articles
- first object-oriented programming language. As its name suggests, Simula was designed for doing simulations...