- Referenced in 306 articles
- many software details. The chapter on global optimization (40 pages) only admits equality constraints (within ... based on branch and bound, infeasibility test, interval Newton algorithm applied to the John conditions ... points generalizing Hansen and Walster’s pioneering concept of 1987 (Nonlinear equations and optimization. Preprint...
- Referenced in 334 articles
- algorithm is guaranteed to produce a nearly optimal solution in a finite number of iterations ... Newton’s method has a limit point which satisfies the first and second order necessary ... trust region method. In our tests a call to GQTPAR only required 1.6 iterations...
- Referenced in 196 articles
- generation splits into four subproblems of special point calculation, edge following, surface meshing and finally ... generation rules. Several techniques of mesh optimization are tested and quality plots are presented...
- Referenced in 112 articles
- using the function values in two successive points. In very mild conditions it is shown ... consisting of 500 unconstrained optimization test problems, show that this new scaled conjugate gradient algorithm...
- Referenced in 199 articles
- gives an explicit relationship to two other optimization problems closely related to BPDN. We describe ... root-finding algorithm for finding arbitrary points on this curve; the algorithm is suitable ... Numerical experiments on a comprehensive set of test problems demonstrate that the method scales well...
- Referenced in 24 articles
- floating-point power and parallelism of the GPU in a highly optimized and tested...
- Referenced in 26 articles
- paper discusses the importance of a starting point in the simplex algorithm. Three different methods ... numerical test examples. We show that our two methods on the Netlib test problems have ... initial solution. The comparison of the introduced optimization softwares is based on the number ... required CPU time. It is pointed out that on average it takes more iterations...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- derivative-free algorithm, ORBIT, for unconstrained local optimization of computationally expensive functions. A trust-region ... ensuring that a subset of the interpolation points is sufficiently poised for linear interpolation ... method for adding additional points. We present numerical results on test problems to motivate ... problems, calibration of a watershed model and optimization of a PDE-based bioremediation plan...
- Referenced in 64 articles
- linear program is described. To create MOLP test problems, models for random problem generation ... paper, the numbers of efficient extreme points possessed by MOLPs (including multiple objective transportation problems ... utility values of the efficient extreme points might be distributed over the efficient ... should be easier to find good near- optimal solutions with linear utility functions than with...
- Referenced in 55 articles
- thrown away after solving the optimization problem. This is achieved by making ... data points while the rows of Ā represent a greatly reduced data points. Computational results ... indicate that test set correctness for the reduced support vector machine (RSVM), with a nonlinear...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- evaluated points. We develop a global optimization version and a multistart local optimization version ... alternative global optimization methods, including a multistart derivative-based local optimization method. Multiple trials ... algorithms were compared on 17 multimodal test problems and on a 12-dimensional groundwater bioremediation...
- Referenced in 37 articles
- include parametric optimization, saddle point problems, Benders decompositions, and multilevel optimization. In this paper ... implicitly defined functions for application to optimal value functions. The formulation we develop is well ... evaluation of first and second derivatives of optimal values. The result is a method that ... these comparisons is included to aid testing with other hardware and compilers, other AD packages...
- Referenced in 16 articles
- satisfaction problems. Global Optimization Laboratory is an easy-to-use testing and development platform ... hence it is guaranteed that no feasible point is lost. As the name suggests GloptLab...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- faster one can be unstable, but numerical testing on some difficult problems indicates that both ... available quadratic programming subroutines that employ feasible point methods, namely QPSOL [see P. E. Gill ... quadratic programming”, Report SOL 83-7, Systems Optim. Lab., Rept. Oper. Res., Stanford Univ...
- Referenced in 9 articles
- proposed algorithms globally converge to points satisfying different necessary optimality conditions. We report a computational ... derivative-free optimization software package, i.e., NOMAD, on a set of test problems. Furthermore ... solve a real problem concerning the optimal design of an industrial electric motor. This allows ... method converging to the better extended stationary points obtains the best solution also from...
- Referenced in 37 articles
- developing, testing and deploying optimization applications. Development and analysis of optimization models written with ... decomposition and concurrent solving from a modeling point of view, with example implementations in Mosel...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- point methods present a unified novel approach for solving linear optimization and conic optimization problems ... equation system are explored as well. Extensive testing shows that the McIPM package is competitive ... performance of interior point method software when solving difficult linear optimization problems, and offers avenues...
- Referenced in 3 articles
- points-to and escape analysis developed for compiler optimization to address the software testing issues...
- Referenced in 15 articles
- genetic algorithm, Nonsmooth Optimization by Mesh Adaptive Direct Search (NOMAD), SO-MI (M”uller ... local search has been compared on 17 test problems from the literature, and on eight ... able to find feasible points by employing a first optimization phase that aims at minimizing...
- Referenced in 1 article
- Generalized Symmetry Point, an Optimal Cutpoint in Continuous Diagnostic Tests. Estimation of the cutpoint defined ... Symmetry point in a binary classification setting based on a continuous diagnostic test or marker ... implemented to construct confidence intervals for this optimal cutpoint, one based on the Generalized Pivotal...