Global Optimization Toolbox For Maple
- Referenced in 150 articles
- global optimization is to find [numerically] the absolute best solution of highly nonlinear optimization models ... have a number of locally optimal solutions. Global optimization problems can be extremely difficult. Frequently...
- Referenced in 107 articles
- thousands of constraints). Both global and local optimization algorithms. Algorithms using function values only (derivative...
- Referenced in 628 articles
- parameter identification problem and a discretized optimal control problem, both of which are used ... first part. Chapter 2 studies the local convergence of Newton’s method, inexact Newton methods ... globalize convergence, i.e., remove the restriction that the starting point of the optimization iteration ... method is studied in chapter 4. A local convergence analysis is provided and implementation details...
- Referenced in 41 articles
- points. We develop a global optimization version and a multistart local optimization version of MSRS ... model for MSRS and the resulting algorithms, Global ... MSRBF and Multistart Local MSRBF, were compared to 6 alternative global optimization methods, including ... promising approach for the global optimization of expensive functions...
- Referenced in 58 articles
- test functions with known local and global minima for global optimization. A procedure for generating ... functions for multiextremal multidimensional box-constrained global optimization is presented. Each test class consists ... distorted by polynomials in order to introduce local minima. To determine a class, the user ... dimension, (ii) number of local minima, (iii) value of the global minimum, (iv) radius...
- Referenced in 79 articles
- constrained mixed-integer global optimization problems. It tries to find all local minima...
- Referenced in 70 articles
- optimization using function values only, based on a multilevel coordinate search that balances global ... local search. The local search is done via sequential quadratic programming...
- Referenced in 12 articles
- PaGMO/PyGMO. Parallel Global Multiobjective Optimizer (and its Python alter ego PyGMO) offers a user-friendly ... wide array of global and local optimization algorithms and problems. The main purpose...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- MathOptimizer Professional 3 Advanced Global and Local Nonlinear Optimization Using the External LGO Solver Suite ... Mathematica with the established LGO (Lipschitz Global Optimizer) solver suite, offering sophisticated application development tools...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- finds a nearly globally optimal point that is near a true local minimizer. Unless there ... local minimizers that are nearly global, we thus find a good approximation to the global ... block separable structure of the optimization problem. \parIn this paper we discuss a new reduction...
- Referenced in 119 articles
- algorithm From authors’ summary: A new global optimization algorithm for functions of continuous variables ... simulated annealing” algorithm recently introduced in combinatorial optimization. The algorithm is essentially an iterative random ... criterion, thus tending to avoid the first local minima encountered. The new method proved...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- annealing is a global optimization method that distinguishes between different local optima. Starting from ... local optima. This uphill decision is made by the Metropolis criteria. As the optimization process ... global optimum. Since the algorithm makes very few assumptions regarding the function to be optimized ... simulated annealing can be used as a local optimizer for difficult functions...
- Referenced in 79 articles
- class of optimization problems which contains many optimization problems as special cases. Based ... show that the algorithm is globally linearly and locally quadratically convergent under suitable assumptions...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- used in conjunction with other optimization paradigms such as local search, yielding hybrid algorithms with ... language, SALSA, dedicated to specifying (local, global or hybrid) search algorithms. We illustrate ... examples from combinatorial optimization for which we specify complex optimization procedures with a few simple...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- flexible optimizer, which implements local and global optimization methods, is connected to a dynamic sewer...
- Referenced in 136 articles
- symmetric eigenvalue problems, based on a local optimization of a three-term recurrence, and suggest ... those by the much more expensive global optimization method on the same generalized block Krylov...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- combined global & local search (CGLS) approach to global optimization. This paper presents a general approach...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- problems. Numerica is modeling language for global optimization that makes it possible to state nonlinear ... traditional numerical methods such as interval and local methods, and constraint satisfaction techniques.This comprehensive presentation...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- able to enclose the global optimum of an optimization problem with certainty. Solving methods: Realpaver ... interval fixed-point operators, constraint propagation and local consistency techniques, local optimization using descent methods...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- point found to be locally optimal is certain to be globally optimal TILOS (Timed Logic...