- Referenced in 258 articles
- includes algorithms for discretization by mixed finite element methods and a posteriori error estimation ... preconditioned iterative solvers for the discrete linear equation systems that arise in incompressible flow modelling...
- Referenced in 1079 articles
- model elements, such as new types of constraints and objective functions. Similarly, the method itself ... sophistication. We provide several examples of discrete optimization problems to illustrate the strategic concerns...
- Referenced in 204 articles
- robust unfitted finite element methods on cut meshes. These methods are designed to facilitate computations ... treatment of boundaries and interfaces and the discretization of PDEs on surfaces are discussed...
- Referenced in 15 articles
- open-source software using a discrete element method to simulate granular material. Purpose: YADE-OPEN ... open-source software based on the discrete element method, (DEM) which uses object oriented programming...
- Referenced in 20 articles
- LIGGGHTS open source discrete element method particle simulation code. LIGGGHTS stands for LAMMPS improved...
- Referenced in 12 articles
- applications based on the combined finite-discrete element method (FDEM). FDEM is an innovative numerical ... continuum-based modeling approaches and discrete element methods to overcome the inability of these methods...
- Referenced in 10 articles
- simulations of granular flows using the Discrete Element Method (DEM). As a result, solids ... Element Method) for the particles. This method is referred to as the continuum discrete method...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- give basic models and finite element discretization methods, adaptive algorithms and strategies for efficient parallel ... high performance branch of the finite element problem solving environment DOLFIN, both part...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- inflatable beam elements with a pre-stressed state. In this method, the discretized nonlinear equations ... model. Finite element simulation is performed by using a 3-node BEAM189 element incorporating ANSYS ... pressure effect is equivalent included in our method by modifying beam element cross-section parameters...
- Referenced in 15 articles
- diffusion equation using the spectral element spatial discretization method. The high-order spectral element macroscopic...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- Plate Element Formulation for a Discrete Element Method. The discrete elements code CeaMka3D uses cells...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- linear equations with the Newton-Raphson method with analytical Jacobians. The system of non-linear ... computational physics, modeling discontinuous mechanical systems (discrete element method) in geomechanics, humanoid design in biomechanics...
- Referenced in 47 articles
- differential equations by discretizations such as finite difference or finite element methods. Among other things...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- solving PDEs that are discretized by a finite element method on unstructured simplex grids ... help streamline implementation of FE discretizations (e.g. matrix assembly) by automatic code generation. The resultant...
- Referenced in 9 articles
- granular material dynamics based on the discrete element method. The codes DEMMAT_F90 and DEMMAT...
- Referenced in 50 articles
- finite element method due to Crouzeix and Raviart and then postprocesses the discrete flux...
- Referenced in 7 articles
- examined. At the numerical level, the suggested method is inspired by the framework established ... collisions are handled by an efficient discrete element method (DEM) granular solver, which allows...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- discretize in space by means of a symmetrically coupled finite and boundary element method, taking ... robust with respect to the space discretization and time discretization parameters as well...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- approach to freely combining 3D discrete and finite element methods. A freely combined three-dimensional ... discrete and finite element (FE) algorithm is developed. The algorithm ... which is based on the method combining the discrete element (DE) and the corresponding node ... corresponding node of the method. This new algorithm includes global search, local search...
- Referenced in 25 articles
- finite element method for spatial approximation, the operator-splitting for temporal discretization and the level...