- Referenced in 631 articles
- considered. Chapter 3 is devoted to line-search and trust-region methods, which are used ... algorithms. Chapter 7 introduces implicit filtering, a technique due to the author and his group ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 703 articles
- either the HKM or the NT search direction. The basic code is written in Matlab ... problem data for our SQLP solver. Various techniques to improve the efficiency and stability...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- nonlinear optimization. The presented methods include direct search techniques, the steepest descend approach, trust region...
Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox
- Referenced in 29 articles
- tools for using the genetic and direct search algorithms. You can use these algorithms ... difficult to solve with traditional optimization techniques, including problems that are not well defined ... undefined derivatives. The Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox complements other optimization methods to help ... points. You can then use traditional optimization techniques to refine your solution. Toolbox functions, which...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- effectively combines an alternating direction technique with a nonmonotone line search to minimize the augmented...
- Referenced in 40 articles
- Sheng. Several search directions, including the AHO, HKM, NT, Toh, and Gu directions, are used ... rank-2 update technique is employed in our MATLAB code so that the computation...
- Referenced in 42 articles
- transformed, using disciplined convex programming techniques, to convex quadratic programs of modest size. CVXGEN generates ... dynamic) and iterative refinement in the search direction computation yields reliable performance, even with poor...
- Referenced in 12 articles
- exponentialpenalty function of Kort and Bertsekas. This technique depends on a smoothing parameter which controls ... smooth function along a suitable search direction and on a particular updating rule...
- Referenced in 1 article
- search for timed systems. Mcta is a directed model checking tool for concurrent systems ... heuristics and search techniques that define the state of the art in directed model checking ... error traces. Furthermore, Mcta offers new search techniques based on multi-queue search algorithms...
- Referenced in 4 articles
- identifying active indices and (ii) a line search strategy for a dynamic balance between ... method uses a matrix updating technique for computing Newton directions and a correction strategy ... convex quadratic spline when line search in a Newton direction fails. We have tested...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- propositionalized version we apply state abstraction directly on the FOMDP avoiding propositionalization. This kind ... Secondly, guided by an admissible heuristic, the search is restricted to those states that ... demonstrate the usefulness of the above techniques for solving FOMDPs with a system, referred...
- Referenced in 7 articles
- give an overview of the normalization techniques currently supported by the tool and summarize ... implementing the search for answer sets using a back-end solver without direct support...
- Referenced in 1 article
- directions. This paper proposes a generalized descent directions-guided multiobjective algorithm (DDMOA2). DDMOA2 uses ... which combines the traditional local search and stochastic search techniques. To improve efficiency, when ... objectives. Furthermore, in order to increase the search pressure in high-dimensional objective space...
- Referenced in 2 articles
- including two modified multi-start local search techniques, that are equally as reliable, and significantly ... hybridization of the global search algorithm Dividing Rectangles (DIRECT) with the local optimization algorithm BFGS ... computational cost, and is the preferred optimization technique when computational resources are limited. Several test...
- Referenced in 0 articles
- tactics language for directing proof search. With these techniques, we have implemented a new automated...
- Referenced in 3 articles
- cases even non-termination. We present three techniques, designed for word-based SMT string solvers ... termination; (2) pruning of the search space via bi-directional integration between the string ... cross-domain heuristics; and (3) a binary search based heuristic, allowing the procedure to skip ... large strings. We have implemented above techniques atop the Z3-str solver, resulting...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- even limited speedups from parallel execution can directly translate to very significant productivity gains ... Tabling has proved to be a viable technique to efficiently overcome SLD’s susceptibility ... indicate that the mechanisms proposed to parallelize search in the context of SLD resolution...
- Referenced in 1 article
- clusters) to expand the search space. The “loop in loop” technique guides the members ... each niche to the optimum direction according to their clusters. This means that lighter members...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- which integrates several simple optimization techniques such as alternative direction method, and branch-and-bound ... complexity. Second, we develop a global search algorithm (GSA) for QP1NE that can locate...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- Directed error detection in C++ with the assembly-level model checker StEAM. Most approaches ... source code, which may greatly reduce the search space, but may also introduce errors that ... heuristic estimator functions and state space compaction techniques that additionally reduce the exploration efforts...