- Referenced in 297 articles
- numerical fluxes in the limit of small Mach number. The resulting new scheme is shown ... remarkably improved from previous schemes in robustness and accuracy. The convergence rate is shown...
- Referenced in 298 articles
- Numerical Mathematics - NewtonLib. Software repository for Peter Deuflhards Book ”Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems -- Affine ... Adaptive Algorithms”. This monograph presents a scheme to construct adaptive Newton-type algorithms in close ... connection with an associated affine invariant convergence analysis. Part of these algorithms are presented...
- Referenced in 138 articles
- descent Recently, a new nonlinear conjugate gradient scheme was developed which satisfies the descent condition ... convergent whenever the line search fulfills the Wolfe conditions. This article studies the convergence behavior ... algorithm; extensive numerical tests and comparisons with other methods for large-scale unconstrained optimization...
- Referenced in 168 articles
- flow of multiple liquids. As in any numerical method, however, it has its weaknesses, namely ... mechanism. The lack of convergence with spatial refinement, or convergence to a solution that ... solver, and a higher order interface advection scheme. The curvature to the interface is calculated...
- Referenced in 41 articles
- required support nodes. The order of the convergence rate in the maximum norm is preserved ... piecewise multilinear hierarchical interpolation schemes in detail and conduct a numerical comparison. Furthermore, we document...
- Referenced in 68 articles
- specifically, a coordinate search method, which guarantees convergence to stationary points from arbitrary starting points ... search, the algorithm incorporates a particle swarm scheme for dissemination of points in the feasible ... finding a global minimizer. Our extensive numerical experiments showed that the resulting algorithm is highly...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- ensure the energy conservation. The numerical scheme and the convergence properties are discussed. Several benchmarks...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- Numerical Scheme for General Relativistic Magnetohydrodynamics We describe a conservative, shock-capturing scheme for evolving ... calculated using the Harten, Lax, & van Leer scheme. A variant of constrained transport, proposed earlier ... smooth flows we show that it converges at second order. We conclude by showing some...
- Referenced in 33 articles
- three innovations. First, an adaptive blocksize scheme cures (near) breakdown and adapts the blocksize ... criteria are developed that exploit the semiquadratic convergence property of the method. Third, a well ... application problems are solved to demonstrate the numerical behaviors of the method...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- simulations that nonintrusively uses existing time-stepping schemes, and in a specific two-level setting ... First, we present a two-level MGRIT convergence analysis for linear problems where the spatial ... MGRIT algorithm is guaranteed to converge, and we demonstrate numerically that the theoretically predicted convergence ... convergence of MGRIT compares to the stability of the chosen time-stepping scheme. In particular...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- minimization process in comparison with variational schemes, but nevertheless it provides a new estimation ... condition at each iteration. We study its convergence properties as well as efficiency ... shallow water model. All along the numerical experiments, comparisons with the standard variational algorithm (called ... scheme and reduce the number of iterations needed to achieve convergence...
- Referenced in 25 articles
- algorithm for numerical quadrature. The program employs an adaptive scheme whereby CADRE is found ... trapezoid sum exhibits a known and characteristic convergence behavior that the algorithm attempts to detect...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- Bertsekas is an efficient and simple acceleration scheme of ADMM. In this paper, we take ... show the worst-case O(1/k) convergence rate measured by the iteration complexity k represents ... senses for the linearized version of GADMM. Numerically, we demonstrate the efficiency of this linearized...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- Unlike conventional Gauss-Seidel schemes which are purely algebraic, the convergence of iHDG, thanks ... built-in HDG numerical flux, does not depend on the ordering of unknowns. We rigorously...
- Referenced in 1 article
- with alternative submodels, code structure and numerical schemes are explained. A focus is placed ... particular demonstrating numerical convergence and mass consistency of the hybrid Eulerian/Lagrangian schemes. Four validation cases ... selected including a combustion direct numerical simulation (DNS) case, two combustion experimental jet flame cases ... Lagrangian schemes are consistent and confirm that the solutions numerically converge with increasing number...
- Referenced in 41 articles
- order Godunov method, a modern shock-capturing scheme known to compute accurately the thermal history ... reaching a formal resolution of 81923. A convergence analysis of different quantities, such as dark ... individual haloe temperature profiles, shows that numerical results are converging down to the actual resolution...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- schemes is suggested and right correction Neumann schemes are discussed. Asymptotic analysis for a large ... ODEs is included which gives certain numerical integrators converging to exact asymptotic behaviour...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- plasma become disparate. We develop a numerical scheme that significantly improves the accuracy and robustness ... general relativistic hydrodynamics code called wham that converges at fifth order. We avoid (1) field...
- Referenced in 4 articles
- monotonic upwind scheme for conservation laws (MUSCL) scheme. The present code enables us to explore ... instability (MRI). Numerical tests with various computational cell sizes exhibits a convergent picture ... global model, and indicates that the MP5 scheme has more than twice the resolution...
- Referenced in 4 articles
- numerical integration seem to be embarrassingly parallel on first sight. When adaptive schemes are applied ... order to enhance convergence however, the seemingly most natural way of replicating the whole...