- Referenced in 892 articles
- terms of data and/or parameters. The method is also appropriate for non-stationary objectives ... bound on the convergence rate that is comparable to the best known results under ... well in practice and compares favorably to other stochastic optimization methods. Finally, we discuss AdaMax...
- Referenced in 571 articles
- instances, instance generators, and other methods of testing and comparing performance of algorithms...
- Referenced in 146 articles
- methods. To be able to compare numerically different methods in the class, with different preconditioners ... advocate the standard preconditioned conjugate gradient method for finding an eigenvector as an element ... recommend that every new preconditioned eigensolver be compared with this “ideal” algorithm on our model ... provide such comparison for our LOBPCG method. Numerical results establish that our algorithm is practically...
- Referenced in 394 articles
- implementation of the method, subroutine LSQR. Numerical tests are described comparing LSQR with several other...
- Referenced in 129 articles
- laws of motion. The proposed method has been compared with some well-known heuristic search...
Benchmarks for Optimization Software
- Referenced in 149 articles
- provide information on testruns comparing different solution methods on standardized sets of testproblems, running ... effort has been invested in making results comparable, in a critical situation you should...
- Referenced in 63 articles
- principal component decomposition quantities. Our method compares favorably to competing approaches in simulation studies that ... sparsely observed functions. We apply our method to sparse observations of CD4 cell counts...
- Referenced in 104 articles
- data. Results: We present a comparative study of several methods for the estimation of missing ... method (as well as filling missing values with zeros). We report results of the comparative...
- Referenced in 106 articles
- method and a user-defined parameter. The method allows the enforcement of the rigid body ... Compared to the ”bounce-back” scheme used in the conventional LBM, the direct-forcing method ... three-dimensions. This new method has been validated by comparing its results with those from ... efficiency and capabilities of the present method, the settling of a large number...
- Referenced in 41 articles
- trade-offs analysis. The extended VIKOR method is compared with three multicriteria decision making methods ... results by all four considered methods are compared...
- Referenced in 65 articles
- used to test and compare numerical methods for model reduction. All systems can be downloaded...
- Referenced in 40 articles
- Galerkin methods (finite and spectral element methods) in 1D, 2D And 3D to solve partial ... different techniques thus allowing testing and comparing methods, e.g. cG versus dG, - the creation...
- Referenced in 161 articles
- method of clause database management. We experimentally compare BerkMin with Chaff, the leader among resolution...
- Referenced in 64 articles
- smooth support vector machine for classification. Smoothing methods, extensively used for solving important mathematical programming ... SSVM was the highest compared with four other methods as well as the fastest ... comparable or faster than SVM light [T. Joachims, in: Advances in kernel methods – support vector...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- based on a completely different method compared to existing real-time verification tools (HYTECH, KRONOS ... UPPAAL). After a description of the method, we illustrate its efficiency by considering two examples...
- Referenced in 53 articles
- operator splitting method, the alternating directions method of multipliers, to solve the homogeneous self-dual ... approach has several favorable properties. Compared to interior-point methods, first-order methods scale ... cost of lower accuracy. Compared to other first-order methods for cone programs, our approach...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- considerable improvements in performance of our method when compared to previous methods...
- Referenced in 59 articles
- overhead beyond vanilla stochastic gradient descent. The method requires no manual tuning of a learning ... hyperparameters. We show promising results compared to other methods on the MNIST digit classification task...
- Referenced in 139 articles
- number of novel evaluation methods: a bootstrapping method for determining whether differences in the performance ... compared across classes with different proportions of positive instances; a clustering method for visualising...
- Referenced in 26 articles
- also included. There is also support comparative methods based on Stochastic Frontier Analyses...