- Referenced in 4187 articles
- list merging”, a well-known algorithm. The entry directs you to Section 5.3.1 of Volume ... Computer Programming”, where you find your algorithm described. The entry even gives an explicit formula...
- Referenced in 631 articles
- used to demonstrate the behavior of optimization algorithms. Chapter 7 introduces implicit filtering, a technique ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 286 articles
- SMPs. Automatic combination of iterative and direct solver algorithms to accelerate the solution process...
- Referenced in 234 articles
- designed to: (1) allow a direct comparison between different algorithms, (2) identify the most promising ... face recognition, (4) identify future directions of research, and (5) advance the state...
- Referenced in 1485 articles
- matrix factorizations, visualizing matrices, and carrying out direct search optimization. Various other miscellaneous functions ... book Accuracy and Stability of Numerical Algorithms (SIAM, Second edition, August...
- Referenced in 65 articles
- parallel implementations for a global search algorithm DIRECT. Two parallel schemes take different approaches...
- Referenced in 271 articles
- Mead simplex algorithm, first published in 1965, is an enormously popular direct search method ... been proved explicitly for the Nelder--Mead algorithm. This paper presents convergence properties...
- Referenced in 105 articles
- that implements the Mesh Adaptive Direct Search (MADS) algorithm for blackbox optimization under general nonlinear...
- Referenced in 72 articles
- using a great variety of algorithms for direct optimal control, including model predictive control, state...
- Referenced in 147 articles
- sequential quadratic programming (SQP) algorithm, in which each search direction is the solution...
- Referenced in 140 articles
- negative-curvature direction at a stationary point. The above mentioned modified Lanczos algorithm requires...
Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox
- Referenced in 29 articles
- Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox (GADS) extends the optimization capabilities in MATLAB ... tools for using the genetic and direct search algorithms. You can use these algorithms ... unreliable or undefined derivatives. The Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox complements other optimization methods ... This means that you can inspect the algorithms, modify the source code, and create your...
- Referenced in 90 articles
- class of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) via the PC-Algorithm. The equivalence class ... represented by its (unique) Completete Partially Directed Acyclic Graph (CPDAG). Furthermore, a PAG instead ... Functions for causal inference using the IDA algorithm (based on do-calculus of Judea Pearl...
- Referenced in 296 articles
- effectiveness of this numerical algorithm is evaluated by comparing its numerical results for $alpha ... with the ones of directly discretizing classical Fokker-Planck equation, some numerical results for time...
- Referenced in 109 articles
- also be used directly, and form the basis of efficient algorithms for solving linear systems...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- minimization by Augmented Lagrangian and ALternating direction ALgorithms: Based on the classic augmented Lagrangian multiplier ... particular structure. The algorithm effectively combines an alternating direction technique with a nonmonotone line search ... each iteration. We establish convergence for this algorithm, and apply it to solving problems...
- Referenced in 60 articles
- mesh adaptive direct search (Mads) class of algorithms. The advantages of this new OrthoMads instantiation...
- Referenced in 26 articles
- class problems. We develop a new algorithm that directly extends the AdaBoost algorithm...
- Referenced in 218 articles
- Direct methods for sparse linear systems. Computational scientists often encounter problems requiring the solution ... depth knowledge of the underlying theory, algorithms, and data structures found in sparse matrix software ... downloadable sparse matrix package that illustrates the algorithms and theorems presented in the book ... MATLAB and the C programming language, Direct Methods for Sparse Linear Systems equips readers with...
- Referenced in 732 articles
- state of optimization software and the search directions which should be considered in the near ... raised in the first part by discussing algorithms for unconstrained optimization. Because the discussion...