jNURBS: An object-oriented, symbolic framework for integrated, meshless analysis and optimal design. In this paper, we propose a design-analysis integrated CAD framework termed jNURBS. jNURBS, developed using the Java language, is an extensible, Object-Oriented framework that enables meshless analysis of physical behavior and optimal design. The geometry as well as the analysis fields (displacement, temperature, etc.) are described mathematically using a common representation, namely the Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline (NURBS). Thus, NURBS serves to design the geometry as well as carryout meshless analysis thereby integrating the design and analysis in an efficient manner. The program kernel provides tools to symbolically describe complex multi-physics problems, methods to manipulate the NURBS entities, a set of primitive NURBS entities, and an iterative optimization solver. The problems are symbolically defined using a newly developed high-level, natural language description through an interface termed JNS (jNURBS Script). A number of example problems, selected from meshless structural analysis, material microstructure simulation, shape optimal design, and equilibrium shape of droplets, are presented to demonstrate the effectiveness and versatility of the framework.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Zhang, Honghai; Mo, Rong; Wan, Neng: An IGA discontinuous Galerkin method on the union of overlapped patches (2017)
- Srinivasan, V.; Radhakrishnan, S.; Subbarayan, G.: Coordinated synthesis of hierarchical engineering systems (2010)
- Kanuparthi, S.; Rayasam, M.; Subbarayan, G.; Sammakia, B.; Gowda, A.; Tonapi, S.: Hierarchical field compositions for simulations of near-percolation thermal transport in particulate materials (2009)
- Kim, Hyun-Jung; Seo, Yu-Deok; Youn, Sung-Kie: Isogeometric analysis for trimmed CAD surfaces (2009)
- Cottrell, J. A.; Hughes, T. J. R.; Reali, A.: Studies of refinement and continuity in isogeometric structural analysis (2007)
- Rayasam, M.; Srinivasan, V.; Subbarayan, G.: CAD inspired hierarchical partition of unity constructions for NURBS-based, meshless design, analysis and optimization (2007)
- Zhang, X.; Rayasam, M.; Subbarayan, G.: A meshless, compositional approach to shape optimal design (2007)
- Zhang, Xuefeng; Subbarayan, Ganesh: jNURBS: an object-oriented, symbolic framework for integrated, meshless analysis and optimal design (2006) ioport