The Virtual Test Facility (VTF) is a source code collection of compressible computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and computational solid dynamics (CSD) solvers. The CFD solvers facilitate the computation of flows with strong shocks as well as fluid mixing. The CSD solvers provide capabilities for simulation of dynamic response in solids such as large plastic deformations, fracture and fragmentation. In addition, the VTF can be used to simulate highly coupled fluid-structure interaction problems, such as the high rate deformation experienced by a metallic solid target forced by the loading originating from the detonation of energetic materials, or the rupture and fragmentation of brittle materials under shock wave impact. At present, all VTF solvers use time-explicit numerical methods that track the various wave phenomena responsible for mediating the dynamic response through the application of suitable numerical methods.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Deiterding, Ralf; Domingues, Margarete O.; Gomes, S^onia M.; Schneider, Kai: Comparison of adaptive multiresolution and adaptive mesh refinement applied to simulations of the compressible Euler equations (2016)
- Puso, M.A.; Kokko, E.; Settgast, R.; Sanders, J.; Simpkins, B.; Liu, B.: An embedded mesh method using piecewise constant multipliers with stabilization: mathematical and numerical aspects (2015)
- Becker, G.; Noels, L.: A full-discontinuous Galerkin formulation of nonlinear Kirchhoff-Love shells: elasto-plastic finite deformations, parallel computation, and fracture applications (2013)
- Tiwari, Arpit; Freund, Jonathan B.; Pantano, Carlos: A diffuse interface model with immiscibility preservation (2013)
- Banks, J.W.; Sjögreen, B.: A normal mode stability analysis of numerical interface conditions for fluid/structure interaction (2011)
- Deiterding, Ralf: Block-structured adaptive mesh refinement -- theory, implementation and application (2011)
- Ziegler, Jack L.; Deiterding, Ralf; Shepherd, Joseph E.; Pullin, D.I.: An adaptive high-order hybrid scheme for compressive, viscous flows with detailed chemistry (2011)
- Hill, D.J.; Pullin, D.; Ortiz, M.; Meiron, D.: An Eulerian hybrid WENO centered-difference solver for elastic-plastic solids (2010)
- Zhao, Hong; Freund, Jonathan B.; Moser, Robert D.: A fixed-mesh method for incompressible flow-structure systems with finite solid deformations (2008)
- Cirak, Fehmi; Cummings, Julian C.: Generic programming techniques for parallelizing and extending procedural finite element programs (2007) ioport
- Deiterding, Ralf; Cirak, Fehmi; Mauch, Sean P.; Meiron, Daniel I.: A virtual test facility for simulating detonation-induced fracture of thin flexible shells (2006)
- Deiterding, Ralf; Radovitzky, Raul; Mauch, Sean P.; Noels, Ludovic; Cummings, Julian C.; Meiron, Daniel I.: A virtual test facility for the efficient simulation of solid material response under strong shock and detonation wave loading (2006) ioport