The purpose of the F2PY --Fortran to Python interface generator-- project is to provide connection between Python and Fortran languages. F2PY is a Python extension tool for creating Python C/API modules from (handwritten or F2PY generated) signature files (or directly from Fortran sources). The generated extension modules facilitate: Calling Fortran 77/90/95, Fortran 90/95 module, and C functions from Python. Accessing Fortran 77 COMMON blocks and Fortran 90/95 module data (including allocatable arrays) from Python. Calling Python functions from Fortran or C (call-backs). Automatically handling the difference in the data storage order of multi-dimensional Fortran and Numerical Python (i.e. C) arrays. In addition, F2PY can build the generated extension modules to shared libraries with one command. F2PY uses the scipy_distutils module from SciPy that supports number of major Fortran compilers. F2PY generated extension modules depend on NumPy package that provides fast multi-dimensional array language facility to Python.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 27 articles )
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27.
- Tamm, Kert; Salupere, Andrus: On the propagation of 1D solitary waves in Mindlin-type microstructured solids (2012)
- Yuffa, Alex J.; Scales, John A.: Object-oriented electrodynamic S-matrix code with modern applications (2012)
- Rasch, Arno; Bücker, H. Martin: EFCOSS: an interactive environment facilitating optimal experimental design (2010)
- Drummond, L. Anthony; Galiano, Vicente; Migallón, Violeta; Penadés, Jose: PyACTS: A Python based interface to ACTS tools and parallel scientific applications (2009)
- Ilison, Lauri; Salupere, Andrus: Propagation of (sech^2)-type solitary waves in hierarchical KdV-type systems (2009)
- Cai, Xing; Langtangen, Hans Petter: Parallelizing PDE solvers using the Python programming language (2006)
- Rickett, Christopher D.; Choi, Sung-Eun; Rasmussen, Craig E.; Sottile, Matthew J.: Rapid prototyping frameworks for developing scientific applications: A case study (2006) ioport