Chombo - Software for Adaptive Solutions of Partial Differential Equations. Chombo provides a set of tools for implementing finite difference methods for the solution of partial differential equations on block-structured adaptively refined rectangular grids. Both elliptic and time-dependent modules are included. Chombo supports calculations in complex geometries with both embedded boundaries and mapped grids, and Chombo also supports particle methods. Most parallel platforms are supported, and cross-platform self-describing file formats are included. The Chombo package is a product of the community of collaborators working with the Applied Numerical Algorithms Group (ANAG), part of the Computational Research Division at LBNL. Chombo is a Swahili word meaning ”tool” or ”container”.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 51 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 41 to 51 of 51.
- Barad, Michael F.; Colella, Phillip; Schladow, S. Geoffrey: An adaptive cut-cell method for environmental fluid mechanics (2009)
- Henshaw, William D.; Schwendeman, Donald W.: Parallel computation of three-dimensional flows using overlapping grids with adaptive mesh refinement (2008)
- Meglicki, Zdzisław; Gray, Stephen K.; Norris, Boyana: Multigrid FDTD with Chombo (2007)
- Nordén, Markus; Löf, Henrik; Rantakokko, Jarmo; Holmgren, Sverker: Dynamic data migration for structured AMR solvers (2007)
- Wise, Steven; Kim, Junseok; Lowengrub, John: Solving the regularized, strongly anisotropic Cahn-Hilliard equation by an adaptive nonlinear multigrid method (2007)
- Hornung, Richard D.; Wissink, Andrew M.; Kohn, Scott R.: Managing complex data and geometry in parallel structured AMR applications (2006) ioport
- Xu, Jian-Jun; Li, Zhilin; Lowengrub, John; Zhao, Hongkai: A level-set method for interfacial flows with surfactant (2006)
- Barad, Michael; Colella, Phillip: A fourth-order accurate local refinement method for Poisson’s equation (2005)
- Tautges, Timothy J.: MOAB-SD: integrated structured and unstructured mesh representation (2004) ioport
- Samtaney, Ravi: Suppression of the richtmyer-meshkov instability in the presence of a magnetic field (2003)
- Miller, G. H.; Colella, P.: A conservative three-dimensional Eulerian method for coupled solid-fluid shock capturing. (2002)