The efficient and robust numerical simulation of electrical circuits plays a major role in computer aided design of electronic devices. While the structural size of the electrical devices is decreasing, the complexity of the electrical circuits is increasing. This usually leads to a system of model equations in form of differential-algebraic equations (DAEs) consisting up to millions or even more unknowns. Simulation of such large models is mostly impossible or, at least, unacceptably time and storage consuming. Model order reduction presents a way out of this dilemma. A general idea of model order reduction is to replace a large-scale system by a much smaller model which approximates the input-output relation of the large-scale system within a required accuracy. The present the MATLAB-Toolbox PABTEC - PAssivity-preserving Balanced Truncation method for Electrical Circuits is designed for model order reduction and numerical integration of model equations of electrical circuits.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Benner, Peter; Stykel, Tatjana: Model order reduction for differential-algebraic equations: a survey (2017)
- Buscarino, Arturo; Fortuna, L.; Frasca, M.; Xibilia, M. G.: Positive-real systems under lossless transformations: invariants and reduced order models (2017)
- Benner, Peter; Losse, Philip; Mehrmann, Volker; Voigt, Matthias: Numerical linear algebra methods for linear differential-algebraic equations (2015)
- Son, Nguyen Thanh; Stykel, Tatjana: Model order reduction of parameterized circuit equations based on interpolation (2015)
- Benner, Peter; Voigt, Matthias: A structured pseudospectral method for (\mathcalH_\infty)-norm computation of large-scale descriptor systems (2014)
- Hinze, Michael; Matthes, Ulrich: Model order reduction for networks of ODE and PDE systems (2013)
- Riaza, Ricardo: DAEs in circuit modelling: a survey (2013)
- Mehrmann, Volker; Schröder, C.; Simoncini, Valeria: An implicitly-restarted Krylov subspace method for real symmetric/skew-symmetric eigenproblems (2012)
- Stykel, T.; Simoncini, V.: Krylov subspace methods for projected Lyapunov equations (2012)
- Poloni, Federico: Algorithms for quadratic matrix and vector equations (2011)
- Reis, Timo; Stykel, Tatjana: Lyapunov balancing for passivity-preserving model reduction of RC circuits (2011)
- Reis, Timo; Stykel, Tatjana: PABTEC: passivity-preserving balanced truncation for electrical circuits (2010) ioport