Overdamped modes in Schwarzschild-de Sitter and a Mathematica package for the numerical computation of quasinormal modes. We present a package for Mathematica that facilitates the numerical computation of the quasinormal mode (QNM) spectrum of a black hole/black brane. Requiring as input only the QNM equation(s), the application of a single Mathematica function will compute the spectrum efficiently, by discretizing the equation(s) and solving the resulting generalized eigenvalue equation. It is applicable to a large variety of black holes, independent of their asymptotics. The package comes fully documented and with several tutorials. Here we present a self-contained review of the method and consider several applications. We illustrate the method in the simplest case of scalar QNMs of a Schwarzschild black brane in anti-de Sitter. Then we go on to look at the scalar QNMs of the Schwarzschild black hole in de Sitter, in anti-de Sitter and in asymptotically flat spacetimes, finding a novel infinite set of purely imaginary modes in the first case. We also derive the QNM equations for a generic Einstein-Maxwell-scalar background and use these to compute the QNMs of the asymptotically anti-de Sitter Reissner-Nordström black brane, as a further illustration and check of the method.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Aragón, Almendra; González, P. A.; Papantonopoulos, Eleftherios; Vásquez, Yerko: Anomalous decay rate of quasinormal modes in Schwarzschild-dS and Schwarzschild-AdS black holes (2020)
- Chen, Yiqian; Gan, Qingyu; Guo, Guangzhou: Strong cosmic censorship for a scalar field in a logarithmic-de Sitter black hole (2020)
- Destounis, Kyriakos: Charged fermions and strong cosmic censorship (2019)
- Destounis, Kyriakos; Fontana, Rodrigo D. B.; Mena, Filipe C.; Papantonopoulos, Eleftherios: Strong cosmic censorship in Horndeski theory (2019)
- Fu, Guoyang; Wu, Jian-Pin: EM duality and quasinormal modes from higher derivatives with homogeneous disorder (2019)
- Garbiso, Markus; Kaminski, Matthias: Dispersion relations in non-relativistic two-dimensional materials from quasinormal modes in Hǒrava gravity (2019)
- Ge, Boxuan; Jiang, Jie; Wang, Bin; Zhang, Hongbao; Zhong, Zhen: Strong cosmic censorship for the massless Dirac field in the Reissner-Nordstrom-de Sitter spacetime (2019)
- Hendi, Seyed Hossein; Momennia, Mehrab: Thermodynamic description and quasinormal modes of AdS black holes in Born-lnfeld massive gravity with a non-abelian hair (2019)
- Jafari, Ghadir; Soltanpanahi, Hesam: Instability of BTZ black holes in parity-even massive gravity (2019)
- Jansen, Aron; Rostworowski, Andrzej; Rutkowski, Mieszko: Master equations and stability of Einstein-Maxwell-scalar black holes (2019)
- Liu, Hang; Tang, Ziyu; Destounis, Kyriakos; Wang, Bin; Papantonopoulos, Eleftherios; Zhang, Hongbao: Strong cosmic censorship in higher-dimensional Reissner-Nordström-de Sitter spacetime (2019)
- Keränen, Ville; Sybesma, Watse; Szepietowski, Phillip; Thorlacius, Larus: Correlation functions in theories with Lifshitz scaling (2017)