SALE-3D: a simplified ALE computer program for calculating three-dimensional fluid flow. This report presents a simplified numerical fluid-dynamics computing technique for calculating time-dependent flows in three dimensions. An implicit treatment of the pressure equation permits calculation of flows far subsonic without stringent constraints on the time step. In addition, the grid vertices may be moved with the fluid in Lagrangian fashion or held fixed in an Eulerian manner, or moved in some prescribed manner to give a continuous rezoning capability. This report describes the combination of Implicit Continuous-fluid Eulerian (ICE) and Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE) to form the ICEd-ALE technique in the framework of the Simplified-ALE (SALE-3D) computer program, for which a general flow diagram and complete FORTRAN listing are included. Sample problems show how to modify the code for a variety of applications. SALE-3D is patterned as closely as possible on the previously reported two-dimensional SALE program.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Hong, Chungpyo; Asako, Yutaka; Suzuki, Koichi: Convection heat transfer in concentric micro annular tubes with constant wall temperature (2011)
- Tian, Baolin; Shen, Weidong; Jiang, Song; Wang, Shuanghu; Liu, Yan: An arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian method based on the adaptive Riemann solvers for general equations of state (2009)
- Xie, Wenfeng; Liu, Zhanke; Young, Yin Lu: Application of a coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian method to simulate interactions between deformable composite structures and compressible multiphase flow (2009)
- Fressmann, D.; Wriggers, P.: Advection approaches for single- and multi-material arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian finite element procedures (2007)
- Loubére, Raphaël; Shashkov, Mikhail J.: A subcell remapping method on staggered polygonal grids for arbitrary-Lagrangian-Eulerian methods (2005)
- Margolin, L. G.; Shashkov, Mikhail: Remapping, recovery and repair on a staggered grid (2004)
- Peery, James S.; Carroll, Daniel E.: Multi-material ALE methods in unstructured grids (2000)
- Konstantinov, Alexander B.; Orszag, Steven A.: Extended Lagrangian particle-in-cell (ELPIC) code for inhomogeneous compressible flows (1995)
- Zhang, H.; Reggio, M.; Trépanier, J. Y.; Camarero, R.: Discrete form of the GCL for moving meshes and its implementation in CFD schemes (1993)
- Benson, David J.: Computational methods in Lagrangian and Eulerian hydrocodes (1992)
- Benson, David J.: An efficient, accurate, simple ALE method for nonlinear finite element programs (1989)