In many ways, MASTAN2 is similar to today’s commercially available structural analysis software. The number of pre- and post-processing options, however, have been limited in order to minimize the amount of time needed for a user to become proficient at its use. The program’s linear and nonlinear analysis routines are based on the theoretical and numerical formulations presented in the text Matrix Structural Analysis, 2nd Edition, by McGuire, Gallagher, and Ziemian (available for free download under the Textbook tab). In this regard, the reader is strongly encouraged to use this software as a tool for demonstration, reviewing examples, solving problems, and perhaps performing analysis and design studies (see the Stability Fun tab). Where MASTAN2 has been written in modular format, the reader is also provided the opportunity to develop and implement additional or alternative analysis routines directly within the program. MASTAN2 is based on MATLAB, a premier software package for numeric computing and data analysis.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Liu, K.; Paulino, G. H.: Nonlinear mechanics of non-rigid origami: an efficient computational approach! (2017)
- Nemirovskiĭ, Yuriĭ Vladimirovich; Boltaev, Armen Ivanovich: Complex bending and initial destruction of hybrid timber beams (2017)
- Stachurski, Andrzej: On a conjugate directions method for solving strictly convex QP problem (2017)
- Meimand, Vahid Zeinoddini; Graham-Brady, Lori; Schafer, Benjamin William: Imperfection sensitivity and reliability using simple bar-spring models for stability (2013)
- Hurtado, Jorge E.; Alvarez, Diego A.: The encounter of interval and probabilistic approaches to structural reliability at the design point (2012)
- Turkalj, Goran; Brnic, Josip; Lanc, Domagoj; Kravanja, Stojan: Updated Lagrangian formulation for nonlinear stability analysis of thin-walled frames with semi-rigid connections (2012)
- Rungamornrat, Jaroon; Tangnovarad, Peerasak: Analysis of linearly elastic inextensible frames undergoing large displacement and rotation (2011)
- Stull, Christopher J.; Earls, Christopher J.; Koutsourelakis, Phaedon-Stelios: Model-based structural health monitoring of naval ship hulls (2011)
- Alsafadie, R.; Hjiaj, M.; Battini, J.-M.: Corotational mixed finite element formulation for thin-walled beams with generic cross-section (2010)
- Barham, Wasim; Aref, Amjad; Dargush, Gary: On the elastoplastic cyclic analysis of plane beam structures using a flexibility-based finite element approach (2008)
- Yang, Y. B.; Lin, S. P.; Chen, C. S.: Rigid body concept for geometric nonlinear analysis of 3D frames, plates and shells based on the updated Lagrangian formulation (2007)
- McGuire, William; Gallagher, Richard H.: Matrix structural analysis (1979)