Oasis: a high-level/high-performance open source Navier-Stokes solver. Oasis is a high-level/high-performance finite element Navier-Stokes solver written from scratch in Python using building blocks from the FEniCS project (fenicsproject.org). The solver is unstructured and targets large-scale applications in complex geometries on massively parallel clusters. Oasis utilizes MPI and interfaces, through FEniCS, to the linear algebra backend PETSc. Oasis advocates a high-level, programmable user interface through the creation of highly flexible Python modules for new problems. Through the high-level Python interface the user is placed in complete control of every aspect of the solver. A version of the solver, that is using piecewise linear elements for both velocity and pressure, is shown to reproduce very well the classical, spectral, turbulent channel simulations of R. D. Moser et al. [Phys. Fluids 11, No. 4, 943–945 (1999; Zbl 1147.76463)]. The computational speed is strongly dominated by the iterative solvers provided by the linear algebra backend, which is arguably the best performance any similar implicit solver using PETSc may hope for. Higher order accuracy is also demonstrated and new solvers may be easily added within the same framework.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Linga, Gaute; Bolet, Asger; Mathiesen, Joachim: Transient electrohydrodynamic flow with concentration-dependent fluid properties: modelling and energy-stable numerical schemes (2020)
- Adrian R.G. Harwood, Joseph O’Connor, Jonathan Sanchez Muñoz, Marta Camps Santasmasas, Alistair J. Revell: LUMA: A many-core, Fluid–Structure Interaction solver based on the Lattice-Boltzmann Method (2018) not zbMATH
- Mortensen, Mikael; Langtangen, Hans Petter: High performance python for direct numerical simulations of turbulent flows (2016)
- Vuorinen, V.; Keskinen, K.: DNSLab: a gateway to turbulent flow simulation in Matlab (2016)
- Mortensen, Mikael; Valen-Sendstad, Kristian: Oasis: a high-level/high-performance open source Navier-Stokes solver (2015)