FlightGear is an open-source flight simulator. It supports a variety of popular platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and is developed by skilled volunteers from around the world. Source code for the entire project is available and licensed under the GNU General Public License. The goal of the FlightGear project is to create a sophisticated and open flight simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, pilot training, as an industry engineering tool, for DIY-ers to pursue their favorite interesting flight simulation idea, and last but certainly not least as a fun, realistic, and challenging desktop flight simulator. We are developing a sophisticated, open simulation framework that can be expanded and improved upon by anyone interested in contributing. There are many exciting possibilities for an open, free flight sim. We hope that this project will be interesting and useful to many people in many areas.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Vogeltanz, Tomáš: A survey of free software for the design, analysis, modelling, and simulation of an unmanned aerial vehicle (2016)
- Buzhinsky, I. P.; Kazakov, S. V.; Ulyantsev, V. I.; Tsarev, F. N.; Shalyto, A. A.: Modification of the method of generation of control finite-state machines with continuous actions based on training examples (2015)
- Buzhinsky, I. P.; Ulyantsev, V. I.; Chivilikhin, D. S.; Shalyto, A. A.: Inducing finite state machines from training samples using ant colony optimization (2014)
- Benini, Alessandro; Mancini, Adriano; Minutolo, Riccardo; Longhi, Sauro; Montanari, Mauro: A modular framework for fast prototyping of cooperative unmanned aerial vehicle (2012) ioport
- Santamaria, Eduard; Pastor, Enric; Barrado, Cristina; Prats, Xavier; Royo, Pablo: Flight plan specification and management for unmanned aircraft systems (2012) ioport
- Cetin, Omer; Kurnaz, Sefer; Kaynak, Okyay: Fuzzy logic based approach to design of autonomous landing system for unmanned aerial vehicles (2011) ioport
- Arslan, Oktay; Armagan, Bahadir; Inalhan, Gokhan: Development of a mission simulator for design and testing of C2 algorithms and HMI concepts across real and virtual manned-unmanned fleets (2009)
- Ates, Kimon P. Paul Y. Leslie A. Serdar; Bayezit, Ismail; Inalhan, Gokhan: Design and hardware-in-the-loop integration of a UAV microavionics system in a manned-unmanned joint airspace flight network simulator (2008) ioport
- Kurnaz, Kimon P. Paul Y. Leslie A. Sefer; Cetin, Omer; Kaynak, Okyay: Fuzzy logic based approach to design of flight control and navigation tasks for autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles (2008) ioport
- Mancini, Kimon P. Paul Y. Leslie A. A.; Cesetti, A.; Iualè, A.; Frontoni, E.; Zingaretti, P.; Longhi, S.: A framework for simulation and testing of uavs in cooperative scenarios (2008) ioport
- Peña, Kimon P. Paul Y. Leslie A. Nicolás; Scarlatti, David; Ollero, Aníbal: Uavs integration in the SWIM based architecture for ATM (2008) ioport