HemeLB: A high performance parallel lattice-Boltzmann code for large scale fluid flow in complex geometries. We describe a parallel lattice-Boltzmann code for efficient simulation of fluid flow in complex geometries. The lattice-Boltzmann model and the structure of the code are discussed. The fluid solver is highly optimized and the resulting computational core is very fast. Furthermore, communication is minimized and the novel topology-aware domain decomposition technique is shown to be very effective for large systems, allowing us to tune code execution in geographically distributed cross-site simulations. The benchmarks presented indicate that very high performance can be achieved.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Balta, Samire; Smith, Frank: Inviscid and low-viscosity flows in multi-branching and reconnecting networks (2017)
- Zabelok, Sergey; Arslanbekov, Robert; Kolobov, Vladimir: Adaptive kinetic-fluid solvers for heterogeneous computing architectures (2015)
- Vergnault, E.; Sagaut, P.: An adjoint-based lattice Boltzmann method for noise control problems (2014)
- Vergnault, E.; Malaspinas, O.; Sagaut, P.: A lattice Boltzmann method for nonlinear disturbances around an arbitrary base flow (2012)
- White, A. H.; Smith, F. T.: Wall shape effects on multiphase flow in channels (2012)
- Xu, Hui; Luan, Huibao; He, Yaling; Tao, Wenquan: A lifting relation from macroscopic variables to mesoscopic variables in lattice Boltzmann method: derivation, numerical assessments and coupling computations validation (2012)
- Bisson, Mauro; Bernaschi, Massimo; Melchionna, Simone: Parallel molecular dynamics with irregular domain decomposition (2011)
- Falcucci, Giacomo; Ubertini, Stefano; Biscarini, Chiara; Di Francesco, Silvia; Chiappini, Daniele; Palpacelli, Silvia; De Maio, Alessandro; Succi, Sauro: Lattice Boltzmann methods for multiphase flow simulations across scales (2011)
- Vergnault, E.; Malaspinas, O.; Sagaut, P.: A time-reversal lattice Boltzmann method (2011)
- Xian, Wang; Takayuki, Aoki: Multi-GPU performance of incompressible flow computation by lattice Boltzmann method on GPU cluster (2011) ioport
- Clausen, Jonathan R.; Reasor, Daniel A. jun.; Aidun, Cyrus K.: Parallel performance of a lattice-Boltzmann/finite element cellular blood flow solver on the IBM blue gene/P architecture (2010)
- Mazzeo, M. D.; Coveney, P. V.: Hemelb: A high performance parallel lattice-Boltzmann code for large scale fluid flow in complex geometries (2008)