- Referenced in 554 articles
- convergence of Newton’s method, inexact Newton methods, and the Gauss-Newton method ... close to a solution. par The BFGS method is studied in chapter 4. A local ... implementation details are discussed. Other quasi-Newton methods are sketched. The last chapter...
- Referenced in 294 articles
- gives a survey of interval arithmetic based methods for solving systems of equations and global ... differentiation and code list generation, interval Newton method, and a short glance at the topological ... branch and bound, infeasibility test, interval Newton algorithm applied to the John conditions and computationally...
- Referenced in 282 articles
- this algorithm in a trust region Newton’s method. In particular, we prove that under ... reasonable assumptions the sequence generated by Newton’s method has a limit point which satisfies...
- Referenced in 234 articles
- Software repository for Peter Deuflhards Book ”Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems -- Affine Invariance and Adaptive ... monograph presents a scheme to construct adaptive Newton-type algorithms in close connection with...
- Referenced in 110 articles
- exploited to define a modified Newton method which can be applied to problems that ... problem. The idea of a truncated Newton method is to terminate the iterations earlier ... preconditioned truncated Newton method is described that defines a search direction which interpolates between ... show the promising performance of truncated Newton methods...
- Referenced in 184 articles
- implicit equations by quasi Newton methods. In this paper the authors consider also the fixed...
- Referenced in 113 articles
- method invented in the mid-seventies, which can be viewed as the Newton approach applied ... other hand, as a Newton method, the SQP algorithm converges very rapidly, meaning that...
- Referenced in 100 articles
- TRON is a trust region Newton method for the solution of large bound-constrained optimization...
- Referenced in 85 articles
- covariance matrix adaptation (CMA) is a method to update the covariance matrix of this distribution ... inverse Hessian matrix in the Quasi-Newton method in classical optimization. In contrast to most...
- Referenced in 85 articles
- systems. The framework is an inexact Newton method globalized by backtracking. Trial steps are obtained...
- Referenced in 43 articles
- steepest descent and the Gauss-Newton method. When the current solution is far from ... algorithm behaves like a steepest descent method: slow, but guaranteed to converge. When the current ... correct solution, it becomes a Gauss-Newton method...
- Referenced in 50 articles
- reduction methods and modifications of the Newton method for the solution of large Riccati equations...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- limited memory quasi Newton method. Directories contain software, drivers and manuals. (dcsrch.f, the step-size...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- large number of variables. Truncated Newton methods allow approximate, rather than exact, solutions ... Gradient algorithm (PCG) to solve approximately the Newton equations. The preconditioner M is factored ... this paper we briefly describe the method and provide details for program usage...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- Pathfollowing Beyond Critical Points The paper discusses methods for the computation of solution paths ... corrector iteration the Gauss-Newton method is used where the QR-factorization of the Jacobian...
- Referenced in 31 articles
- mathematical certainty. Though based on interval Newton methods, it is self-contained. It allows various...
- Referenced in 21 articles
- drive application codes that use Newton’s method to locate steady-state solutions to nonlinear ... equations that describe the bifurcation. A Newton method is then formulated for this augmented system ... steady state problem to calculate the Newton updates for the augmented system. This greatly simplifies ... system that an application code using Newton’s method will already have invested in. Only...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- estimates related to the convergence of Newton’s method to certify that Newton iterations will...
- Referenced in 16 articles
- finite difference discretization and the Newton method for solving the boundary value problem. Global convergence ... invoking time integration procedures when the Newton method has convergence difficulties. The program runs...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- with derivative-based (Newton or quasi-Newton) methods to solve difficult optimization problems. Genoud...