- Referenced in 3081 articles
- list merging”, a well-known algorithm. The entry directs you to Section 5.3.1 of Volume ... Computer Programming”, where you find your algorithm described. The entry even gives an explicit formula...
- Referenced in 577 articles
- used to demonstrate the behavior of optimization algorithms. Chapter 7 introduces implicit filtering, a technique ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 234 articles
- SMPs. Automatic combination of iterative and direct solver algorithms to accelerate the solution process...
- Referenced in 228 articles
- designed to: (1) allow a direct comparison between different algorithms, (2) identify the most promising ... face recognition, (4) identify future directions of research, and (5) advance the state...
- Referenced in 1317 articles
- matrix factorizations, visualizing matrices, and carrying out direct search optimization. Various other miscellaneous functions ... book Accuracy and Stability of Numerical Algorithms (SIAM, Second edition, August...
- Referenced in 58 articles
- parallel implementations for a global search algorithm DIRECT. Two parallel schemes take different approaches...
- Referenced in 226 articles
- Mead simplex algorithm, first published in 1965, is an enormously popular direct search method ... been proved explicitly for the Nelder--Mead algorithm. This paper presents convergence properties...
- Referenced in 147 articles
- sequential quadratic programming (SQP) algorithm, in which each search direction is the solution...
- Referenced in 75 articles
- that implements the Mesh Adaptive Direct Search (MADS) algorithm for blackbox optimization under general nonlinear...
Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox
- Referenced in 29 articles
- Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox (GADS) extends the optimization capabilities in MATLAB ... tools for using the genetic and direct search algorithms. You can use these algorithms ... unreliable or undefined derivatives. The Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox complements other optimization methods ... This means that you can inspect the algorithms, modify the source code, and create your...
- Referenced in 117 articles
- negative-curvature direction at a stationary point. The above mentioned modified Lanczos algorithm requires...
- Referenced in 74 articles
- class of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) via the PC-Algorithm. The equivalence class ... represented by its (unique) Completete Partially Directed Acyclic Graph (CPDAG). Furthermore, a PAG instead ... Functions for causal inference using the IDA algorithm (based on do-calculus of Judea Pearl...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- using a great variety of algorithms for direct optimal control, including model predictive control, state...
- Referenced in 92 articles
- also be used directly, and form the basis of efficient algorithms for solving linear systems...
- Referenced in 203 articles
- effectiveness of this numerical algorithm is evaluated by comparing its numerical results for $alpha ... with the ones of directly discretizing classical Fokker-Planck equation, some numerical results for time...
- Referenced in 17 articles
- minimization by Augmented Lagrangian and ALternating direction ALgorithms: Based on the classic augmented Lagrangian multiplier ... particular structure. The algorithm effectively combines an alternating direction technique with a nonmonotone line search ... each iteration. We establish convergence for this algorithm, and apply it to solving problems...
- Referenced in 659 articles
- state of optimization software and the search directions which should be considered in the near ... raised in the first part by discussing algorithms for unconstrained optimization. Because the discussion...
- Referenced in 178 articles
- Direct methods for sparse linear systems. Computational scientists often encounter problems requiring the solution ... depth knowledge of the underlying theory, algorithms, and data structures found in sparse matrix software ... downloadable sparse matrix package that illustrates the algorithms and theorems presented in the book ... MATLAB and the C programming language, Direct Methods for Sparse Linear Systems equips readers with...
- Referenced in 42 articles
- mesh adaptive direct search (Mads) class of algorithms. The advantages of this new OrthoMads instantiation...
- Referenced in 12 articles
- linear/nonlinear least-squares fitting; Linear algebra (direct algorithms, EVD/SVD), direct and iterative linear solvers, Fast...