- Referenced in 2773 articles
- list merging”, a well-known algorithm. The entry directs you to Section 5.3.1 of Volume ... Computer Programming”, where you find your algorithm described. The entry even gives an explicit formula...
- Referenced in 556 articles
- used to demonstrate the behavior of optimization algorithms. Chapter 7 introduces implicit filtering, a technique ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 227 articles
- SMPs. Automatic combination of iterative and direct solver algorithms to accelerate the solution process...
- Referenced in 216 articles
- designed to: (1) allow a direct comparison between different algorithms, (2) identify the most promising ... face recognition, (4) identify future directions of research, and (5) advance the state...
- Referenced in 1244 articles
- matrix factorizations, visualizing matrices, and carrying out direct search optimization. Various other miscellaneous functions ... book Accuracy and Stability of Numerical Algorithms (SIAM, Second edition, August...
- Referenced in 57 articles
- parallel implementations for a global search algorithm DIRECT. Two parallel schemes take different approaches...
- Referenced in 203 articles
- Mead simplex algorithm, first published in 1965, is an enormously popular direct search method ... been proved explicitly for the Nelder--Mead algorithm. This paper presents convergence properties...
Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox
- Referenced in 28 articles
- Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox (GADS) extends the optimization capabilities in MATLAB ... tools for using the genetic and direct search algorithms. You can use these algorithms ... unreliable or undefined derivatives. The Genetic Algorithm and Direct Search Toolbox complements other optimization methods ... This means that you can inspect the algorithms, modify the source code, and create your...
- Referenced in 67 articles
- that implements the Mesh Adaptive Direct Search (MADS) algorithm for blackbox optimization under general nonlinear...
- Referenced in 121 articles
- sequential quadratic programming (SQP) algorithm, in which each search direction is the solution...
- Referenced in 111 articles
- negative-curvature direction at a stationary point. The above mentioned modified Lanczos algorithm requires...
- Referenced in 67 articles
- class of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) via the PC-Algorithm. The equivalence class ... represented by its (unique) Completete Partially Directed Acyclic Graph (CPDAG). Furthermore, a PAG instead ... Functions for causal inference using the IDA algorithm (based on do-calculus of Judea Pearl...
- Referenced in 45 articles
- using a great variety of algorithms for direct optimal control, including model predictive control, state...
- Referenced in 79 articles
- also be used directly, and form the basis of efficient algorithms for solving linear systems...
- Referenced in 173 articles
- effectiveness of this numerical algorithm is evaluated by comparing its numerical results for $alpha ... with the ones of directly discretizing classical Fokker-Planck equation, some numerical results for time...
- Referenced in 637 articles
- state of optimization software and the search directions which should be considered in the near ... raised in the first part by discussing algorithms for unconstrained optimization. Because the discussion...
- Referenced in 12 articles
- linear/nonlinear least-squares fitting; Linear algebra (direct algorithms, EVD/SVD), direct and iterative linear solvers, Fast...
- Referenced in 152 articles
- Direct methods for sparse linear systems. Computational scientists often encounter problems requiring the solution ... depth knowledge of the underlying theory, algorithms, and data structures found in sparse matrix software ... downloadable sparse matrix package that illustrates the algorithms and theorems presented in the book ... MATLAB and the C programming language, Direct Methods for Sparse Linear Systems equips readers with...
- Referenced in 38 articles
- mesh adaptive direct search (Mads) class of algorithms. The advantages of this new OrthoMads instantiation...
- Referenced in 116 articles
- algorithm is essentially an iterative random search procedure with adaptive moves along the coordinate directions...